Probably the old man out...

Options
Hi everyone, I joined MFP yesterday to try and help me in my goal to gain weight. Yes, that's right, I'm trying to gain weight. I have always had a fast metabolism (go genetics) and weight gain has also been an issue for me.

Not sure how many are in the same boat, but I just wanted to let you know you are not alone. Anyway, MFP is helping me keep track of my calorie in take and hopefully I'll hit my goal weight!

Replies

• angsaysrawr
    Options
    Odd is what that post title should say... lol.
  • joshuaviator
    Options
    haha i was wondering......lol
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    I wondered why you looked so young..lol
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Go easy on the cardio, never miss a meal, other than that its the same basic idea as weight loss but with more calories if you want to gain some weight. I recently had to help my buddy with this as he is naturally slim and has trouble putting on muscle so we had to go over his mfp diet and tweak it so that he could get setup right. It can be just as hard to gain as it is to lose for some.
  • angsaysrawr
    Options
    I wondered why you looked so young..lol

That's what happens when you try and post a topic while eating a burger, lol.
  • Shadowcasting
    Shadowcasting Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I know that men often throw in a few protein shakes to help them keep their muscle weight up. You should try finding one you like.

Some girls get all the luck! ;)
  • angsaysrawr
    Options
    I drink Boost. =]

And the grass is always greener on the other side... lol
  • Kaileyxoxo
    Kaileyxoxo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Try adding healthy fats like nuts, avacado, olive oil. You can try this by eating: a full serving of almond or peant butter on whole grain bread. Topping a burger with avacado, salsa and cheese with a whole wheat bun, and cooking stir frys with olive oil and adding chicken and veggies, or omlette with cheese and veggies. Also you can add protien bars, granola, and trail mix for snacks. I'm sure you know that just by eating junk food is not the way to go, by eating nutritiously and adding more calories will help you gain weight much healthier while giving you lots of energy and will teach you good eating habits.
  • Kaileyxoxo
    Kaileyxoxo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just read what you first wrote, and I realized I gave you recipes and info that you might have already knew or didnt need. For some reason I thought you were asking for help to gain weight... but you were just looking for people in the same boat, so if you didnt want a spew of recipes and healthy weight gain, ignore the previous blab lol
  • angsaysrawr
    Options
    Lok Kaileyxoxo! I still appreciate the info. =]

I don't expect to find many in the same situation as I am (or at all) but I figured I put myself out there because I know how lonely this road is. =]

Thanks again!