Still hungry!!

Options
poesch77
poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
Okay so I am still hungry after eating most of my exercise calories...what gives? For instance, today I did not do my normal treadmill workout but my cardio was vigorous cleaning and food preparation totaling 35minutes. Could it be that the calories burned are an approxiamation and not entirely accurate for my weight? I can't ignore the rumble in my tumtum!!

Replies

• susinator
    susinator Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Taking in the recommended 8 glasses a day will leaving you feeling less hungry.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,122 Member
    Options
    I would eat if I were that hungry. Seriously. You may have your calories set too low, or you may have them set just right, I don't know.

But if you are that hungry, eat! One day will not make a difference, and you won't be able to sleep if you are miserable. You have a built-in 500 calorie a day deficit.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I drink 12+ cups of water daily and it does nothing at all to keep me from being hungry. Try eating some veggies. Low calorie and will fill you up.
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Another thing you could try - if you have your goals set to lose 2 lb per week, you could change it to 1 lb per week, and that would give you more calories to eat each day.
  • dragonz11
    dragonz11 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i find if im hungry ill have a BIG drink off water fulls me right up
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Stick to low-glycemic index foods throughout your day and they will keep you fuller, longer. Avoid breads and sugars as much as possible, as those tend to increase the appetite (and they also do nothing to help weight loss).
  • susinator
    susinator Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Another thing, I seen you have a little one in your avi? Are you nursing? If so you get more calories per day because you burn calories nursing.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry every day, or are you unusually hungry today?

I find that my appetite varies so much on a day to day basis -- I am thinking about zig-zagging my calories to account for this "natural" fluctuatuion.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Thaks all for the info...I try to drink the 8 glasses of water per day but that does'nt make me full....just pee a lot! I am not nursing either. I am not hungry everyday either. I find actually I am more hungry on days I don't do my "normal" treadmill workout. Maybe hunger has to do with my cycle? Hormones? I just don't want to go backwards!! I really want to wear shorts this summer!!