just an inspirational story :)

Options
so i have this special guy friend of mine (we're not together or anywhere near being together haha)

this friend of mine got drunk like a week ago, REALLY drunk that he needed to be nursed by me

then out of his drunkness, he squeezed my stomach and said "you're really fat", well i'm offended but not mad because he's not like that when he's sober but still it hurt

then he continued with "but i really admire you" then he just blacked out after that

i loved this moment because someone did love me despite the flab and saw me as more than that fat girl. see, i've always had this low self-esteem because my weight always pulled down my confidence

this is a real turning point for me because that pressure to "look good FOR OTHERS" is off my chest now, everything i do from now on is for MYSELF :) from past experiences, i did stupid weight loss techniques because i just wanted to lose the weight fast so that people would accept me faster. only to realize that people worth having in my life are those that can see beyond my flab :D

i hope you guys find people like this, because if people don't love you at your worst then they do not deserve you at your best :)

Replies

• jaykaydee
    jaykaydee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's great the you're finding positivity in your experience and learning to feel good for yourself, not simply look good for others! I do want to make a point of mentioning that I'm sure people love you, not "despite" your body, but because you are who you are- body included! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!