Anyone from the UK and/ or doing Diet Chef!

Options
Hi everyone,
I have just signed up to MFP as I am starting on Diet Chef today and wanted a way to track calories and exercise to make sure I am doing it right. I love the message boards/ forums and have always found being to chat to people a real help.

It seems to be mainly people from the US and while I am in no way saying I don't want to chat and be friends, the time difference means there is a bit of a delay! I would love to know if anyone has tried Diet Chef, the reviews on their website are amazing!

I have a lot to lose, went up from 14st 7lbs to 15st 1lb, and was mortified. I have since had to change medication and one of the side effects is putting on weight so I am now 16st 3lb ( I think! I was so shocked I could barely look!) I have just turned 30 and don't want to lose another decade of my life to being overweight.

I would love to meet anyone who would like a buddy along this journey - I have tried before and not succeeded! To my shame I still ended up being the 'fat' bridesmaid and really don't want to be the fat bride now!!! I am really discouraged from booking any part of my wedding as I'm so worried about my weight! I want to get a proper handle on it and then I can really enjoy the organisation instead of worrying how I'll look all the time.

I wish everyone luck in achieving their goals.

Replies

• CristineD
    CristineD Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm also in the UK...you'll find when logging in your food that most items from Sainsbury's and Tesco's are in the data base so it's pretty easy. Always wanted to try diet chef....what's the food been like so far?
    When are you hoping your wedding will be...that should give you a huge incentive, if you ask me. Mine is a summer holiday to Wales at the end of July...
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome im from bristol:flowerforyou:
  • xnattiex
    xnattiex Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey

I am not doing diet chef but i am from the UK.

I wish you all the best of luck with your weight loss :) You can add me as a friend if you would like :)

x
    p.s. I love your profile pic :D
  • shezza737
    shezza737 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am doing Diet Chef, have been for a while now. If your on facebook and haven't already, sign up to Diet Chef's page, there is amazing support and advice on there. I wouldn't be without it. Will add you as a friend.
    Good luck and don't worry, DC really works, I promise you xxx
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I'm in the UK too and will be 30 in November so toatlly see where you;re coming from. I started at around the same weight, lost 11 pounds in the last couple of months through exercise and just watching what I eat more carefully. Don't know much about Diet Chef though, what's it like?

Best of luck, you'll find loads of people on here to offer you support when it's tough and cheer you on when it's going well.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm from Yorkshire, but not doing Diet Chef, but interested to know what it's like. I'm happy to offer you support, so add me as a friend if you wish :bigsmile:

Wendy
  • SIMP666
    SIMP666 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi

Like yourself I am new to this.

I did not realise this site existed until I was a couple of weeks into my diet, I have gone from 17st 2lbs to 15st 4lbs. I still have around 4 stone to go but I am getting there.

If you need any further support get in contact.

I still have to get the hang of social networking!!
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm from East Anglian but not doing Diet Chef. I am however going to be a bridesmaid in May 2012 and would love to lose some weight to look good in my dress. The bride is tiny where as I am tall and heavy. lol!
  • Coco_Belle
    Options
    Thanks everyone,
    the more I read the posts the more Uk based people I see.

First day on diet chef, and I've had chocolate Granola for breakfast and minestrone soup for lunch. They were both delicious so I am looking forward to my caremelised onion oat bites for a snack, and who knows what for tea. The selection of foods on offer is great- I will let you all know how they all taste!

I am hoping to get married in September next year. The thing is all my 2 bridesmaids want to do is go dress shopping and I cannot even bear the thought of it yet!

Some of you have such good losses so far that I really hope I can achieve the same.
    Thanks for the friend requests, I;m very new so will try to work out what to do!
    Good luck everyone
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hi I in the Isle of Man. I am sort of doing Diet Chef. I started off well losing 4lb in the first week. I then found MFP and when I tracked the food I was barely hitting 1000 cals with the milkshakes! I have had my second delivery so I am Mixing and matching DC with other foods upto around 1500 cals. The scales have been slow to move since then but I want to keep it off by taking it slowly and getting used to the changes.

Anyone thinking of doing it, most of the foods are really lovely. There are lots of DC already on the database. I add frozen steamed vegetables which are quick and really tasty.

Your wedding will be a great motivator as will your MFP friends. Add me if you like :)
  • Victorian131
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm from Yorkshire but Im studying in the midlands. I downloaded the mfp app and its been great although no real signs of weight loss yet. I considered DC but couldnt afford it on a student loan so I've been trying it the old fashioned way. I've never really signed on to anything like this before but I think it will be easier talking to like minded people etc. (I'm unlucky enough to have thin friends who have an ability to eat whatever they want and not put weight on!)
    By the looks of it youre all doing great jobs and I hope I can be as successful soon,
    Vix
  • ruralgirl
    ruralgirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi Im in th UK in Devon not doing diet chef - maybe worth checking it out? Im also new to the message boards after about 3 weeks of doing MFP and looking for some friends in similar position - the message boards move so fast that after a couple of hours my message was miles away so I guess only people on the same time as me are likely to see it? Anyway please add me if you would like.:happy:
  • troysmum
    troysmum Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from North Wales and started diet chef a couple of weeks back, by all means add me as a friend and we can encourage each other along.

TM :)
  • Davy_Robot
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to introduce both myself and my wife. I'm David (Davy_Robot) and my wife is Alison (Davali). We live in the UK (Harwich. Essex) and we have both been doing Diet Chef for the last four months. In that time we have both lost three stone. This has been achived using Diet Chef alone, its only now that we have joined a gym. Which is us taking the next step on our life style change journey -- which we're both loving!

Please add us both here on MyFitnessPal

All the best,

David and Alison aka Davy_Robot and Davali
  • kenuk1
    kenuk1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, not doing diet chef but defo from the UK, add me please, that goes to the rest of my fellow brits.
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the UK, south east london.
    I started at 16.5 stone and I'm down to 14stone 10ish - I am tracking more in lbs as it's easier.
    I am a little older at 40 but that is just a number.
    I am about 5lb off my first goal of 200 by easter.
    my next goal after that is a big one of 175 - but I might break that down into small steps!

If anyone wishes to add me as a friend, just drop me a note.
  • FK1983
    FK1983 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK, feel free to add me :)
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Happy to have anyone add me too :-)
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    hi, from sunny scotland here, not doing diet chef, but hope it suits you. mfp seems to suit me.. lost 13lbs in only 4 weeks!!! good luck on the journey x
  • sammylds
    sammylds Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I'm from the UK, Leeds. Feel free to add me.

I'm also doing diet chef as realised my biggest problem was not having any food in so I lived on takeaways. Really enjoying the food as it doesnt taste like diet food!

This will be my first week of following it properly and having a serious go at getting fit, healthy and slim.

Good luck everyone on your weightloss journeys x