The Up and About Question

Options
Hi, as you may have noticed, I am new to the program, started around 6 days ago. Anyway, I have been adding a moderate amount of walk (high paced) for 15 minutes everyday and have a Sunday off to spend some more extra time with Family. I also do moderate strength training.

If you see my intro in the intro thread, you will probably know my activity level was higher as compared to now, since my recovery from an illness. I used to play Two Games of basketball 5 times a week, and play Airsoft on the weekends for almost 4 hours each and 10 minutes break in between games. I also lifted weights for more than an hour with Heavy Weights (Around 200lbs).

I wanted to slowly get back to that pace although I only plan to get back to some pick-up basketball and my Airsoft Weekends...

So My Question is: Is my current work rate enough for me to slowly progress? Or do you have any inputs. I plan to get a trainer, but I have a pretty bad experience with them, since they sometimes dont account for injury... lol!

Replies

• tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    You know your own body, so do what feels comfortable. If you do too much too soon, you could burn out or potentially hurt yourself. Are you tracking what you eat?
  • chrymo
    chrymo Posts: 17
    Options
    You know your own body, so do what feels comfortable. If you do too much too soon, you could burn out or potentially hurt yourself. Are you tracking what you eat?

Yes, tracking diligently... Thanks for the input, although I was trying to lean to a more stable pace with maximum impact...