eye balling....

Options
does anyone ever purposefully over estimate what you put down in you log if your just eye balling what your eating?

Replies

• RichB77
    RichB77 Posts: 88
    Options
    I bought a little set of electronic scales so i can get a better idea of how much "50 grams of this, 28grams of that" actually is.

I tend to over estimate slightly just to be safe, but it depends how accurate you want to be.

If i just have a couple of crisps i don't tend to put them down, but i think most food items are covered in the database.

Good luck on your journey :drinker:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't usually measure or weigh, just eyeball food - I work on the theory that some are probably a bit under and others over, but it's working OK for me at this point. I often measure out something the first time so I have a sense of what is a serving then wing it!
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    thats how I do it. My fiancee` is exact on hers.
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Yep. If I'm in a restaurant I tend to add about 30% to what I think I've eaten.
  • DaveNix
    DaveNix Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I bought a scale for the house - Amazon has a great one for about $20 US, and it's been amazing.

I do purposefully over-estimate *IF* I'm out eating somewhere that does not provide nutritional information. (I'm looking at you, Sizzler salad bar) I'll also snap a picture of my plate so that I remember everything when I put it in the system here.