Should I be eating more?

Options
Should I be eating more during the day? I do Turbo Fire at night, so eating after my workout is a big no no for me. But I'm consistently burning 400 cals and up every night while staying right around 1200 for the day. So my net calories are under 1200. I feel fine during the day, I don't feel like I need to be eating more, but any suggestions would be great! I also seem to be gaining weight, which is not cool.

Replies

• Hollie721
    Hollie721 Posts: 20
    Options
    I have only been doing this for a week but i have read that it's best to eat back the calories you burn off when exercising. Thats what i did last week and i successfully managed to lose 1 pound (my goal per week). My limit is 1220 calories per day and i love it when i exercise cause i get more freedom with what i eat! People on the forums also talk about your body entering starvation mode which could be why your not loosing anything. I'm no expert but i find eating back the calories is working for me x
  • Sharonbed4d
    Sharonbed4d Posts: 163
    Options
    I have been using this site for several months and MFP adds those cals back in for a reason. Some people think less is better but you need fuel if you are exercising at a higher intensity. I recommend using a HRM to track calories and definitely eat them!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    If you know for definate that'll you'll be exercising in the evening/night, then work your calories into your food in the day. I've seen alot of people mention here that they do that, and I do that myself if I work out late :)
  • tinareet
    tinareet Posts: 126
    Options
    When i first started I was eating 1400-1500cals per day, and not eating my exercise cals back... I found I wasn't losing any weight infact I was putting weight on!!!! :huh:
    So now I have lowered my cal intake to 1300cals per day and I eat my exercise cals back, and now the weight seems to be coming off quickly(maybe a bit too quickly :grumble: )
    So you may find eating your cals back may help you to lose, but then again it myt not. We are all different but what I do say is monitor your sodium, fibre, and water intake as this is what can cause bloating and make you feel rubbish boooo!
    Xx
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Just eat more after your workout!