Starting the 30 day shred today!

Options

Replies

• LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    did L1D1 this afternoon. i could definitely tell it had been awhile. but i did a ton of extra stretching afterwards, and i'm glad to be back in the saddle, so to speak!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 -- Complete

I actually did MUCH better today....The workout seemed to go a lot quicker, I burned more calories and feel great. My legs were a little sore today and I noticed it when going up stairs or after sitting for long periods of time. NOTHING I can't handle....yet. I was so scared I would be unable to move..lol.

I also think I may be getting sick :sad: I have had a sore throat for a few days and feel a little icky but I am going to push through it and try not to miss ANY days!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 -- Complete!

I was a little worried today..lol. My legs were pretty sore today, it hurt to stand up and sit down right in the front of my thighs however I pushed through and for right now they actually feel better.

Happy I did it but happier it is over :wink:
  • shug458
    shug458 Posts: 99
    Options
    my first day of JM 30 DS was last night - she's brutal but I pushed myself through the whole thing - I am very sore today but not nearly as bad as I thought I would be....now I am pondering how I'm gonna get through push ups tonight - my arms hurt more then anything - it's a good sore but push through it - All i kept telling myself last night was - C'MON IT'S 20 MINUTES YOU HAVE TO GET THROUGH THIS...and i did :) goof luck
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    I try to focus more on what she is saying then what I am doing. Like if it gets hard I concentrate on her talking and try to forget what I am doing..lol.

I can't even imagine what the other 2 levels are like but if I see results it will totally be worth it!
  • LovelySnugs
    Options
    skipped day 3 yesterday, kind of accidentally. i got busy doing other stuff while my husband was at work, and i don't do DVD's when he's at home, cuz he laughs, and then i laugh. . .it just doesn't work. BUT!! he leaves for work in a little less than an hour, so i will be working out shortly thereafter.
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    is starting next week :D:D:D:D:D
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    I am sick :sad:

However I still plan on shredding soon. I have to do this! Every single day!
    Just getting ready to put my little one down then off to shred I go :laugh:
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Level 1 Day 4 -- Completed!

I trudged through it! I still can't do great modified pushups. I still hate the first round of cardio (jumping jacks/skipping) but happy to say I did it and I am better for it.

Almost half way through level 1 YAY!! :flowerforyou:
  • LovelySnugs
    Options
    just did level 3. i'm doing so much better than i was doing a couple weeks ago! all i have to do is stick with it this time.

and also, i'm so grateful for the audio options. i'm getting to a point where i hate the sound of Jillian Michaels's voice, so the "music only" function is really saving my workout!

now if only i could get the soreness to go away, i'd be doing GREAT!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    just did level 3. i'm doing so much better than i was doing a couple weeks ago! all i have to do is stick with it this time.

and also, i'm so grateful for the audio options. i'm getting to a point where i hate the sound of Jillian Michaels's voice, so the "music only" function is really saving my workout!

now if only i could get the soreness to go away, i'd be doing GREAT!

I had the longest hottest bath last night with some epsom salt and it seemed to help quite a bit...right before bed so I slept much better too.
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Level 1 Day 5 done...Whoo hoo! Half way through level 1!
    I am sick with a cold but managed to get it done! I will not miss a day..I will not miss a day...I will not miss a day!
  • LovelySnugs
    Options
    my dvd player broke, and we can't afford a new one, so i have to abandon the shred for awhile. i'm just gonna stick to the streaming Crunch workouts on Netflix. upside? more variety and i don't have to listen to the mangirl's voice anymore.
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I started today. my 2kg hand weights haven't arrived so I had to use .75kg one (1.6lb) which felt a bit light. The push ups were a killer, otherwise I found it ok. I did it first thing in the morning and was a bit light headed after. We'll see how stiff I am later though!
    Got the first one done though, that's the main thing.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I love the shred and completed it twice last year! :happy:

Will start again soon...maybe even today...hmmm.

Great work guys!

Two tips....ALWAYS wear trainers as you can injure yourself without adequate support.
    Try to ease into the knee circles....my physio told me to avoid them altogether as they are an un natural movement...I always replace them with neck circles.
  • Mandz1984
    Mandz1984 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Can I join this thread? I started the shred yesterday (April 11). Haven't gotten time to do it yet today. Feeling pretty sore this morning, but looking forward to powering through and seeing results!

Good note on the knee circles, I have a weak left knee and they were really uncomfortable.
  • louloubabydoll
    louloubabydoll Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    how do you log 30 day shred on MFP
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I started it yesterday on Level 1 and do I ache this morning, but plan to do it again when I get home from work. Logged all my measurements and plan to measure myself again in 7 days to see a difference. When I got up this morning I could hardly walk but after an hour I seem to have loosened up a bit. As others have said I just need to get through the first few days of pain.
  • trolleydolly70
    trolleydolly70 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I also started this yesterday,( 11 April ) after waiting for the postie to arrive! I completed it in the afternoon, and sweated buckets.
    Today, day 2 was just as bad, only modified pushups for me! :tongue:

I'm also on the final leg of the EA 30 day challenge 1, which finishes on wednesday, and I can't wait to complete that one!:wink:

Btw I'm using 1.5kg and 1kg weights.

Good luck everyone!
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    how do you log 30 day shred on MFP

I logged it as circuit training