Having to rest up a couple of days due to injury :(

Options
I've been doing 30 day shred and had completed 12 days in a row....and I've bust my foot!!!

Have no clue what I've done, but just resting it a couple of days now and it's starting to feel a bit better.

One thing my dad told me to do is wear trainers when I'm doing 30DS...as I've been doing it in bare feet...!!! I suppose I've had no arch support, and that's where my foot is hurting.

Gutted, because I was determined to do 30 days non stop! :( better safe than sorry though I guess, and don't want to give myself a permanent injury by pushing too hard.

Going to give it a go tomorrow though I think.

Does everyone else work out in trainers in the house??

Replies

• mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Its a good idea to let it rest up and heal for 3-5 days. Don't worry,Jilian will be waiting to kick your butt :wink: I do some workouts barefoot but anything that involves alot of jumping is best done with trainers on I think.
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I always waer trainers when doing my P90X in the house. More of a habbit to be honest but i guess it helps support your feet and ankles.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    i do shred barefoot, and have not had any problems but i am doing it on a thick mat:smile:
  • BeGreat25
    BeGreat25 Posts: 78
    Options
    About the resting part. Since you've figured out you need shoes to work out getting trainers is not a bad idea. I used 30 Day shred before and I know they have the modified version for heavier people, not saying youre heavy just saying take it easy. with that said you should do a lighter workout.... But keep going. I've nursed my shin splint doing Insanity with recovering here and there. You might wanna try to ice and compress your foot too before working out/ several times a day.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    My knees protest if I try to work out every single day. Rest days are important. I do 1-2 days of rest every week.
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It is best not to push yourself too hard with a foot injury as it can come back and bite you. At the end of February I was doing a Davina DVD (aerobics) as I am in the UK and hurt my foot and by rushing back to exercising too early I ended up damaging the tendon and ended up with tendonitis of the foot which resulted in not exercising for 6 weeks and a cortisone injection in the foot. I have certainly learnt my lesson. This is my first week back exercising and on the recommendation of my dr bought some running trainers to wear as they will absorbed some of the shock waves better (apparently according to my dr). I started the 30 day shred yesterday and although I ache I have to say the foot is doing ok at the moment but will be monitoring it very closely though.
  • Sallerina84
    Sallerina84 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Its a good idea to let it rest up and heal for 3-5 days. Don't worry,Jilian will be waiting to kick your butt :wink: I do some workouts barefoot but anything that involves alot of jumping is best done with trainers on I think.

haha! yeh jillian will still be there I'm sure!!

I think I will definitely give it a go with trainers on, didn't even cross my mind at 6.15am to go and put trainers on! lol but thinking about it jumping is probably best with trainers!
    About the resting part. Since you've figured out you need shoes to work out getting trainers is not a bad idea. I used 30 Day shred before and I know they have the modified version for heavier people, not saying youre heavy just saying take it easy. with that said you should do a lighter workout.... But keep going. I've nursed my shin splint doing Insanity with recovering here and there. You might wanna try to ice and compress your foot too before working out/ several times a day.

Yeh I think I'll give it another try (with trainers) in the morning and just take it steady, maybe not push myself too hard until my foots properly better.

I've got a horse riding lesson booked in tonight though :S but I can't do the next two weeks so I really want to go! Will just take it easy.
  • Sallerina84
    Sallerina84 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It is best not to push yourself too hard with a foot injury as it can come back and bite you. At the end of February I was doing a Davina DVD (aerobics) as I am in the UK and hurt my foot and by rushing back to exercising too early I ended up damaging the tendon and ended up with tendonitis of the foot which resulted in not exercising for 6 weeks and a cortisone injection in the foot. I have certainly learnt my lesson. This is my first week back exercising and on the recommendation of my dr bought some running trainers to wear as they will absorbed some of the shock waves better (apparently according to my dr). I started the 30 day shred yesterday and although I ache I have to say the foot is doing ok at the moment but will be monitoring it very closely though.

Oh really!!! :-o maybe I should rest it a couple more days then!!!

I'm not sure what I've done, the pain is in the top part of my foot and goes right around the arch....it doesn't hurt at all when I'm not moving, it isn't constantly painful, it's just when I get to a certain point when bending my foot to walk that it hurts...and when going up stairs if I don't stand on the step fully and my weight goes onto my arch it KILLS!

Will rest up a couple more days, then ease back into it, and if still giving me agro I'll go the Docs!
  • ChrisR0128
    Options
    I injured my knee several weeks ago. I didnt listen to my body and pushed it to far. I ended up not being able to work out for almost 2 weeks because of it, and even when i did go back i kept feeling pain. That happened over 6 weeks ago and this is the first week i can work out without hurting. Better to take a couple days off than to lose weeks of training. I always wear shoes when working out at home.
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've done a lot of workouts barefoot. I'd do almost all of them if I could. It's possible your foot was not ready for the sharp increase in training stress/volume.