Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
Woo-Hoo :drinker:
I know I'm not American, but I can still appreciate the new president :drinker:

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Woo-Hoo :drinker:
    I know I'm not American, but I can still appreciate the new president :drinker:
  • maepis
    maepis Posts: 51
    Options
    Congrats to Obama. :smile:
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Yeah i think he desearved to win.. Im British and i thought it was brilliant that he won!
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Canadian and I'm happy about it
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Canadian here....CONGRATs.....I was honestly a lil worried after I watched a documentary called "Stealing America vote by vote"....I also find it interesting that us Canadians were way MORE interested in the U.S electian rather then our own!!!! Us sillly Canadians hahaha:drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :heart:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My only comment will be on the turnout. I have been voting for near to 30 years and have never seen the turnout I saw this election.

What rocked me to the core was the young people. In years past I would feel sad because they seemed so apathetic (my kids are 21,23,25 so I am around young ppl). They said to me last election "It is a waste of time" "My vote wont count" etc.

When I was standing in line for early vote on Sunday, the line was 30-40% ppl under 25.

This time they were discussing the issues.....ALL OF THEM. I have had so many intelligent discussions with 18-28 yr olds and have learned an awful lot from them.

In one discussion we were 50/50 on the prez, but no arguements, just really good theroies and expression of their civic duty to do the right thing.

Lee Greenwood said it all in his song "I am proud to be an American, were at least I know I'm free..."
  • sabes2631
    Options
    Thats not entirely true... the largest number of young voters came out... this election was followed... perhaps if the last 2 were followed as intently we wouldnt be in the position of two war fronts and a sinking economy.

I voted because our troops are out there fiighting. The very least i could do....
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I am just so glad that Obama is president.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thats not entirely true... the largest number of young voters came out... this election was followed... perhaps if the last 2 were followed as intently we wouldnt be in the position of two war fronts and a sinking economy.

I voted because our troops are out there fiighting. The very least i could do....

I said I was very 'proud' that the young people 18-26 followed this election, and voted this week.

and that the Largest number of young people in all of my years came out to vote.

I am not sure what you thought I said
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    :sick:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    :mad:

:sick:

bang_head.gif
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am Canadian, but very glad to see that Obama won this election. It might not be our country, but it all trickles down our way eventually!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    The socialization of America begins.

Yeah, its worked well for France, right?

Depends on what you mean by "worked"...

and in the famous words of Forest Gump, "that's all i have to say about that."
  • Janie0001
    Janie0001 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    :huh: :grumble: :ohwell: :yawn: :yawn: :ohwell:
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    I'm glad Obama won, but I'm especially proud of the American's who got out there and voted--I don't care who you voted for, as long as you did!
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I'm glad Obama won, but I'm especially proud of the American's who got out there and voted--I don't care who you voted for, as long as you did!
    That's what I'm thinking. I really glad that people go and vote. When i went to vote in the Canadian election the little eldarly lady that took my name down was soo happy. She kept on saying " so nice to see young people coming out" ( I'm 18)
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    :drinker: His acceptance speech last night was truly historical. It made us wanna jump on a train and go to Chicago just to be a part of it! He based his campaign on Change (the economy) and hope (for the future). It was quite the refreshing change from the politics of the last 8 years. :happy:

Oh.. Max, I heard that he was cutting the pension of retired Roman Legionnaires in order to help balance the budget? :laugh: :wink: :bigsmile:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hooo im glad to see him in, a little bit of left mentality for a while.. will be good (for the whole world !)

hopefully he will hold to his words and stick with it. it can be hard in there with all that pressure from lobbies and all the rest.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    The socialization of America begins.

Yeah, its worked well for France, right?

I'm so sad my son will never get to hunt. I wonder if they will take away his be-be gun?
This discussion has been closed.