Obama now President

Options
2»

Replies

• Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    :drinker: His acceptance speech last night was truly historical. It made us wanna jump on a train and go to Chicago just to be a part of it! He based his campaign on Change (the economy)

What's amazing is that he will get credit for the economy changing. It will eventually get better, no matter who the president is , and who ever it is will get credit, but the funny thing is that they really have nothing to do with it improving. The economy will always go up and down.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    The socialization of America begins.

Yeah, its worked well for France, right?

I'm so sad my son will never get to hunt. I wonder if they will take away his be-be gun?

ho .. my granddad was french.. believe me, the meanest hunter youve meet... french people love their meat... if barak goes french.. your son will hunt an other day
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    :drinker: His acceptance speech last night was truly historical. It made us wanna jump on a train and go to Chicago just to be a part of it! He based his campaign on Change (the economy)

What's amazing is that he will get credit for the economy changing. It will eventually get better, no matter who the president is , and who ever it is will get credit, but the funny thing is that they really have nothing to do with it improving. The economy will always go up and down.

with that said.. the markets took a hit this morning,,
  • Anna_Banana
    Options

I'm so sad my son will never get to hunt. I wonder if they will take away his be-be gun?

ho .. my granddad was french.. believe me, the meanest hunter youve meet... french people love their meat... if barak goes french.. your son will hunt an other day

I didn't mean that the French don't hunt. I was meaning that they will probably out law guns. And for all you city people out there you can hunt with hand guns, my dad does every year, and he hunts to provide food for the family. (For anybody that thinks hunting is cuerl, all I can say is that at least the little deer got to live free all it's live as apposed to a beef that sits in a little pen and then is shot in the head to provide you with steaks and burgers). We also use guns to kill the skunks that wander into our yard.:grumble:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options

That can be very true AB, but also the president can very directly adversely affect the economy as well! Remember the good ol days of Richard Nixon and his Phase 3? Or how about Ronald Raygun and his Trickle Down Voodoo Economics as well? It's kinda a no win to be the president in hard times really.

Oh, if your son needs some where to hunt, we have abevy of blinds, and have already taken two bucks this year! So send him over! :drinker:
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean that the French don't hunt. I was meaning that they will probably out law guns. And for all you city people out there you can hunt with hand guns, my dad does every year, and he hunts to provide food for the family. (For anybody that thinks hunting is cuerl, all I can say is that at least the little deer got to live free all it's live as apposed to a beef that sits in a little pen and then is shot in the head to provide you with steaks and burgers). We also use guns to kill the skunks that wander into our yard.:grumble:

I'd like to see Obama's laws get the gun out of my hands. Us Texans. We love our guns. My daughter will know how to shoot well by the time she is a teenager.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    :mad:

:sick:

bang_head.gif

Well said, Soup.
    I am Lauryn1981 and I support this message.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I would have preferred Colin Powell as a president, but he refused to run a long time ago.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    :mad:

:sick:

bang_head.gif

Well said, Soup.
    I am Lauryn1981 and I support this message.

11_2_104.gif
  • Anna_Banana
    Options

That can be very true AB, but also the president can very directly adversely affect the economy as well! Remember the good ol days of Richard Nixon and his Phase 3? Or how about Ronald Raygun and his Trickle Down Voodoo Economics as well? It's kinda a no win to be the president in hard times really.

Oh, if your son needs some where to hunt, we have abevy of blinds, and have already taken two bucks this year! So send him over! :drinker:

Ronny actually had some good ideas. But the crapy economy of the time made things not work out so well. Really it wasn't his fault that the banks overextended to farms in the 80's and that tons of families lost their farms. I see the same thing happening right now. We live in a farming community and all the farmers have new equipment because crop prices have been high. Eventually they will come down and those farmers won't beable to make their payments and poof the '80's all over again. It's kind of scary if you live in a farming community.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options

My thoughts exactly.

I'm buying a gun in the next 3 months, and I've been scared of guns all my life.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Just a reminder everyone - no political discussions on the forums. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.