Interesting Article: The most dangerous thing you do all day

PRSunshine7
PRSunshine7 Posts: 8
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
I came accross this article this morning on Yahoo Health and found it quite eye-opening. I think this can help most of us who have jobs like this. Here's the link to the article: http://health.yahoo.net/experts/menshealth/most-dangerous-thing-youll-do-all-day

Enjoy! :flowerforyou:
Sherlie

Replies

• ITSSODAMNHOT
    ITSSODAMNHOT Posts: 121 Member
    I came accross this article this morning on Yahoo Health and found it quite eye-opening. I think this can help most of us who have jobs like this. Here's the link to the article: http://health.yahoo.net/experts/menshealth/most-dangerous-thing-youll-do-all-day

Enjoy! :flowerforyou:
    Sherlie

Great article thanks! I'll stand more now
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    that's awesome--thanks for forwarding!
  • Jillk1023
    Jillk1023 Posts: 121 Member
    bump
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 209 Member
    Great article! Thanks for sharing.
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    That's really interesting. Not sure I could get rid of my office chair altogether but definitely worth making small changes. Thanks for posting.
  • btmixon
    btmixon Posts: 55 Member
    bump
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Thanks! found this interesting as i sit at a desk all day long. Will have to try some things to switch this up some.
  • mmellor
    mmellor Posts: 146
    Great article...I sit all day, but I will start standing more!
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Yikes! That's tough when there isn't much that one can do about that. My job is what it is. I can get up all I want to, but ultimately I spend most of the day sitting down.
  • Tiana405
    Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
    Bump!
  • Thanks! And I hear ya... trying to make a conscious effort to stand throughout the day will be hard when most days I barely have a minute to get up and go to the ladies room! LOL But if it means it'll help me burn more calories, lose a few pounds, and help my heart, I'm DEFINITELY going to make an effort. Good luck everyone!!!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Interesting, though I'm not convinced by the conclusions. They couldn't find the reason why sitters are more likely to have heart trouble, so they shouldn't jump to the conclusion that sitting is the cause.

Having said that, I generally hate sitting all day, as it gives me back trouble,so I routinely wander around, or generally stand.
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Interesting, though I'm not convinced by the conclusions. They couldn't find the reason why sitters are more likely to have heart trouble, so they shouldn't jump to the conclusion that sitting is the cause.

Having said that, I generally hate sitting all day, as it gives me back trouble,so I routinely wander around, or generally stand.

To me that is more of an instance where they found something to be consistent and reliable (those that sit for long periods of times regardless of their fitness level have increased chance of heart disease) but can't figure out the why yet (why sitting is causing this) . Eventually they might figure it out for sure what is causing the change in your body while sitting but right now they don't know.

The common factor in their studies has been sitting. So they're not really jumping to conclusions there. What they don't know if why sitting is causing it. Makes sense in my head. Not sure if it makes sense how I'm writing and people are reading it.

But anyways, to the original poster. Thanks for ruining my long work day sitting at a desk. :happy:
  • Interesting, though I'm not convinced by the conclusions. They couldn't find the reason why sitters are more likely to have heart trouble, so they shouldn't jump to the conclusion that sitting is the cause.

To me that is more of an instance where they found something to be consistent and reliable (those that sit for long periods of times regardless of their fitness level have increased chance of heart disease) but can't figure out the why yet (why sitting is causing this) . Eventually they might figure it out for sure what is causing the change in your body while sitting but right now they don't know.

The common factor in their studies has been sitting. So they're not really jumping to conclusions there. What they don't know if why sitting is causing it. Makes sense in my head. Not sure if it makes sense how I'm writing and people are reading it.

But anyways, to the original poster. Thanks for ruining my long work day sitting at a desk. :happy:

Ha! You're welcome! Just ONE more thing we need to worry about. LOL :noway:
This discussion has been closed.