Anyone watch "too fat for 15"?

Options
amehrkens
amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
I have caught a few esisodes of this show over the last 2 seasons and for the most part I think the show is great, however, last night they showed one of the families hosting a fundraiser for their son to be able to continue on at the "camp". During the fundraier they served food, looked like hotdogs, and the child whom they were raising the money for just kept eating and eating and eating. If I was patronizing the fundraiser I would have been upset to see the kid I am helping send back to camp just throwing away the hard work the camp has already done for him. When he got back to camp he had gained 7lbs and he couldn't understand why! UGH!

Replies

• liz_bolin
    liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I didnt get to watch lastnight! I really like the show, I alwayys forget when it is on.
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bit addicted to these types of shows but I have never seen this one. What station?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    What channel is it on?
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    I watch it! It's inspiring! I especially like their weigh-in's and the look of happiness on their faces.
  • nauticalxstar
    nauticalxstar Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    hmm i may have to add this to my dvr..ive never seen it! When is it on?
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    I watch it! It's inspiring! I especially like their weigh-in's and the look of happiness on their faces.
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I caught part of that episode, too, and I thought the same thing. I guess it shows he really does need the help, and that his parents should know better. Didn't both his parents have gastric bypass surgery? He always goes "off program" when he's with his mom.

It's on Style.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Man, hotdogs are the worst, so many calories in such a small package. Unless you get the good ones of course, which I am sure they didn't for the show.
  • liz_bolin
    liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I think it is on TLC
  • nicnliv
    nicnliv Posts: 1
    Options
    I like this show, but usually catch it in re-runs. However, I saw the previews and I think it stinks that the parents are not supporting their son. They should have supplied healthy foods to show their support of him and to show the community that they are completely behind him.
  • eileen7316
    eileen7316 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This show is on the Style Network (the same one that does "Ruby"). Scottie is the one who keeps messing up when he's around his family. His mother is the hugest enabler of all time!
  • slbrown5
    slbrown5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Love that show! The kids are pretty amazing. Some of them need the structure more than others and some really need a kick in the pants. I enjoy the families that support their child and feel so sorry for the ones that either don't support (don't eat appropriately around them at home) or make excuses for them. Good kids overall!

Haven't gotten to watch this episode - I can only imagine whom the fundraiser was for! Can't wait to watch!
  • slbrown5
    slbrown5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This show is on the Style Network (the same one that does "Ruby"). Scottie is the one who keeps messing up when he's around his family. His mother is the hugest enabler of all time!

Scottie's mom is a HUGE enabler! I wish she would see that she is only hurting him when she does that stuff!
  • amehrkens
    Options
    I belive it is on the Style network. I like the show but I hardly remember when it is on. I have watched enough episodes to know what is going on. I do think most of the kids there really put forth a whole hearted effort and I love seeing their expressions when they lose. It just bugged me last night, then the mom even admitted she hadn't really helped him with portion control!
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I love the show but Scottie annoys me greatly. I noticed while working at Sea World SD that often many families were the source or major contributor to their weight and eating habits (i mean that in both positive and negative ways). Short of Tanisha (my favorite because she is so darn cute) i feel like many of these kids will fail on their weight loss journey because they will at some point go back to the same home that they came from with the same temptations as before.
  • amehrkens
    Options
    I love the show but Scottie annoys me greatly. I noticed while working at Sea World SD that often many families were the source or major contributor to their weight and eating habits (i mean that in both positive and negative ways). Short of Tanisha (my favorite because she is so darn cute) i feel like many of these kids will fail on their weight loss journey because they will at some point go back to the same home that they came from with the same temptations as before.
    I completely agree with you! Oh I love Tanisha too, I was so impressed last night with her cooking the Thanksgiving meal! Way to go girl! I am very nervous for that new girl, I can't think fo her name but she was the one that was 511lbs to start with. She did well while home but her dad is totally not on the wagon with her!
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I am moving this topic to the Chit-chat, fun, and games forum.

regards,

SHBoss1673
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Sounds good now I def wanna watch. It's hard for me though. This kinda stuff makes me so emotional.
  • NeverGiveUp44
    Options
    Oh, I absolutely LOVE that show! (:
    I seen it once and was like Wow, I think I've found a new favorite show! :D

Along with 'I used to Be Fat', that show inspires me to keep going until I achieve what I want! :D