Resting day?

Options
aneajo
aneajo Posts: 287 Member
Do you rest a day inbetween workout? Ive read some stuff lately that says to rest a day inbetween.

Replies

• RachArmstrong
    RachArmstrong Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Aneajo! Defintiely rest...your body needs to relax the muscles you've been working especially if you're just starting out.

Rule of thumb for me is 3 days excercise one day off.
  • sonoransweetheart
    Options
    Thats a good question. I've been wondering the same thing. The Wii Active 2 game I have calls for 4 work out days and 3 rest days....though I've been cheating and using the Wii Fit on my "rest days". I just can't seem to stop, actually I'm a little afraid to stop and I don't see a good reason why I should.
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I do rest on the weekends, usually because we are busy doing other stuff. But should I do Mon, exercise, Tues rest, Wed exercise, Thur rest and so on. Or if I am getting fri, sat and sun rest then im ok?
  • eternlgladiator
    Options
    I aim to work out seven days a week because I know I'll lose one day to unexpected plans, oversleeping, laziness or any other factory. Then with the other six days I rotate between heavy cardio and light lifting to heavy lifting and light cardio. This gives my muscles time to recover between workouts so I'm not doing the same things at high intensity on back to back days most of time time.
  • RachArmstrong
    RachArmstrong Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    you know your own body and what it needs. I think the main thing is to listen to it.

If you feel you can keep going 5/6/7 days in a row, the great stuff! But take at least one day off a week. If you feel guilty, go for a walk or a swim.

Do what feels right to you
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I work out M-W-F, then Sat I do something fun and outdoors like hiking or canoeing (sp?). Sunday I rest or maybe do a light cardio, then rest Monday, work out T-Th-Sa, rest Sunday, then repeat with Mon. Try something other than the gym though one day. Don't just sit around the house!!!