-----HELP Need info on B12 Pills ----

Options
Okay so I want to add some B12 pills to my daily supplements. Which ones are good and how many mcg's should I begin with? I don't want to do the shots because #1 - I can't afford them and #2 - I only have about 20-25 more pounds to lose and just need a little help as I am stuck right now. ;-)

Replies

• Shellz206
    Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Okay so I want to add some B12 pills to my daily supplements. Which ones are good and how many mcg's should I begin with? I don't want to do the shots because #1 - I can't afford them and #2 - I only have about 20-25 more pounds to lose and just need a little help as I am stuck right now. ;-)

Excuse my ignorance.. but what are the benefits to B12 pills?
  • MissDwood
    MissDwood Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I take Spring Valley(the one in the green bottle) and its 1000 Mcg. I used to take the shot but it was getting way too expensive!!
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    B12 is not needed unless you have a B12 deficiency. There is no scientific proof that B12 helps with weight loss. A daily vitamin supplement is the way to go.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Have you been told that you have a deficiency? I ask because if you have a deficiency, you may not be able to absorb the B12 through your digestive system, which is why shots are often recommended. The pills will not provide a benefit in that circumstance.

If you just want to boost your B12 and can absorb it through your GI tract, any decent quality supplement should work.
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options

Excuse my ignorance.. but what are the benefits to B12 pills?

http://www.livestrong.com/article/22379-benefits-b12-pills/
  • arsmith78
    arsmith78 Posts: 14
    Options
    No I haven't been told I have a deficiency, just wanting to see if they will help in any way.
  • TammyLanham
    TammyLanham Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have a B deficiency but was told that for b12 to be absorbed, you have to take all the b's together - in a B complex. If you don't have a deficiency, I wouldn't take the pills. Just keep doing what you're doing and making good food choices. You can do tihs!
  • jazgal
    jazgal Posts: 122
    Options
    I have been taking B-complex sublingual liquid with a burst of B-12 (1200 mcg) in the mornings .. it covers all the major B's plus the boost of B-12 ... I hate taking pills so if it is liquid for me it is easier and I actually take it ... also inexpensive .. think it was $6 for 59 doses. Also think since you put it under your tongue it is absorbed much better ...
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Try GNC Ultra Woman Mega - Energy & Metabolism.

It contains all of the B-12 you need plus all of the other nutrients you need. I have been using the Male version (GNC MEGA MEN SPORT) for the past 10 years, and I can probably count on 1 hand how many times I have been sick.

Here is a link : http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4033463&cp=3593185.4005864.2108479
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I've been taking Nature Made Super B-Complex Vitamins for the past year - it's great for your metabolism. If you do the research, you'll find that B Vitamins work best together instead of individually, so you'll get better benefits if you take a B-Complex over B12 alone.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I take the Spring Valley brand and my doc said to take atleast 1000 mcg.....I take this along with my daily vitamin.