New Balance N4 HRM

Options
Sis73
Sis73 Posts: 28 Member
Ok so finally my hrm shows up and I'm all excited to use it! I set it all up, hop on the elliptical and start excercising. When finished i compared the elliptical calories burnt to my hrm and wow I was suprised. According to the elliptical in 30 minutes I burnt 314 and my hrm said i burnt 180.25!! What??? Ok i excpected a difference but not that much between the two. Maybe I set up my hrm wrong idk. Maybe the numbers for the hrm are correct? Any thoughts on this?

Replies

• Lisiebird
    Lisiebird Posts: 45
    Options
    I just got mine over the weekend and have been having similar results. I'm doing Insanity and it's telling me I'm only burning 280 calories and I feel like I should be burning more than that. I'm pushing hard and my heart rate is up there.
  • vdaniela3
    vdaniela3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have it set wrong? My counts are pretty close to what MFP counts said before I got it. I work out with The Firm videos, and the only time I get below 300 is when its just a weight training day (30-45mins).
  • Lisiebird
    Lisiebird Posts: 45
    Options
    I've changed my settings a couple of times but keep getting around the same calorie burn, and this is when I do Insanity and TurboFire! It really doesn't seem right to me. I'm pushing hard and my heart rate is up there. I'm not sure why the calorie burn is so low.