Just getting started

Options
Hello, I'm new to the website and getting started (all over again) with another diet. This time I figure I need to make health choices and exercise versus trying to find that quick fix to a long time problem. So...starting over with a new attitude and outlook. I look forward to reading everyone's success and taking great advice.

Replies

• eaodell64
    Options
    Welcome! I am new here myself, but I can completely understand the thought of looking for a long term solution instead of a quick fix.

This site is great for support! :happy:

Wishing great success!
  • barbee55
    barbee55 Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a 56 year old G-Grandmother, if I can do this anyone can! I've been doing this for one week and so far I've lost 4 pounds and one inch everywhere :) It's the easiest plan I've ever tried. Good luck and I'm here if you need any help or encouragement.
    Have a great day!
    Bobbi
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! MFP is a great place for support. :]
  • sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great, your going to love it here. :)
  • hannahbryan86
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too! Joined Today in fact, really want to meet some friends on here for shared inspiration and progress! I have lost count of all my diet attempts - the website looks great though! Any advice tips welcome! :-)
  • Jit7
    Jit7 Posts: 75
    Options
    Welcome all newcomers! I've only been here a few weeks and I'm totally addicted. Its great to read the success stories on here and give advice in areas that you know about.

I've changed my diet and exercise loads more. I haven't really lost any weight which is a real heartache considering the amount of effort I'm putting in, but I'm not giving up. I measured myself this morning and I've lost 3 cm from my tummy, 1 cm from my waist and 1 cm from my thighs. I know its not much but its a step in the right direction. The people on this site have really encouraged me to carry on.

Good luck reaching your goal

Jit
    x
  • ki4idb
    ki4idb Posts: 114
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Add me if you want!
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the site! I too was a 'quick fix' dieter but since I've been on MFP I have learned that slow and steady wins the race. I learned that there is no quick fix and dieting is only temporary. I had to admit to myself that the dieting only worked while I was dieting and afterwards I would gain back what I'd lost and THEN SOME! Now with the counting calories and working out(something else that I was trying to stay away from but now love it) I have been losing at a seemingly slow but steady pace, I'm stronger, and I feel great. You will find a lot of support and motivation here and I'm sure you'll gain a host of friends. I wish you much success on your journey and you'll do fine as long as you stick with it. The ppl here will make it lots of fun for you while supporting and guiding you at the same time. Good luck. You can do this!!!!:happy:
  • AmberRose0319
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I just joined Sunday and I'm loving it. People on here are so nice and offer alot of suppoer and motivation. This is the longest I've stayed on a site because normally I get bored with the sites and I'm just not interested. But I love this site. Good luck making your goal.
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    I just joined myself yesterday, but officially today as far as keeping my stats. I, too, am looking forward getting some motivational support. Good luck to you.