Need meanies and realists as friends

Options
Been on MFP for a while - new to the community.

Seems like a lot of nice people on this forum, but I'm looking for some meanies, realists, hard-core, type-A personalities who are serious about getting this done - together. Help me on my WL journey. Call me out about my diet when I screw-up, kick my *kitten* when I miss a workout. Motivate me and... make me laugh :-)

I've found a few of you out there, but I'm sure I missed many more. Send me a Friend request - It goes without saying that I will appreciate and reciprocate.

-Scott

Replies

• skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Nope! Sorry, Dude...not me! I can be mean, but the whole reciprocate thing.....might mess with my head too much!
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club!! We all need meanies!! I got yelled at tonight!! Add me if you like.
  • Pedro_Infante
    Pedro_Infante Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You sure?

Tried that approach.

How about positive energy and a great attitude?
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm not always a meanie, but if I know you can handle the crticism I will dish it out for you! I am on regularly and log both my food and exercise usually quite vigilantly. I like to support and be supported, add me if you like...or should I say...if you dare!
  • slschuenke15
    Options
    I have totally been there, I need the same thing, I need someone to motivate me because my support is 0 over here from anybody, I can be mean too! haha
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call myself a meanie...but ask any of my MFP friends, and if they come to me and say "look at my diary or what should I be doing..." And I'm going to be honest, with a helpful approach! :). I know how hard it is, and oddly enough I'm naturally type A, but I can empathize as well. So if you need the swift kick in the butt or anyone on here...feel free to add me!

You can do it! Trust me! I am here for all of you!
  • mommysue37
    Options
    Hi~ I'm new to the site.....I'm in it more for HEALTH than to lose weight. I'm 5'7" and 145 pounds. I'm also almost 48 years old and you know how "interesting" women look who are too thin. I think 'older' women tend to lose fat on the upper half and subcutaneously instead of in the lower half where I would LIKE to lose it! Any suggestions, friend?? :) And do you agree?
  • OhSnaps
    OhSnaps Posts: 25
    Options
    The more motivation the better right? Added!
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm not a meanie but if you want me to be direct and honest, I have no problem doing that. :) Will send you a friend request!
  • Marshall5686
    Marshall5686 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Positive is good too. The more support the better.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how mean I can be to a complete stranger who hasn't pissed me off-but I can do my best.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm def a meanie... and I'll kick your *kitten* if you need it... but ONLY in the nicest way possible! And being that I can be a serious slacker at times... I could use someone to do the same for me! I'm going to add you now!
  • Marshall5686
    Options
    So, you're saying you can dish it out, but can't take it. Hmmh...:wink:
  • silkystarfish
    Options
    sent ya a request too.
    I need positive encouragement as well as a kick up the butt if I am feeling lazy.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I'm prettty sure that if you wanted us to truly be 'mean' you'd make your food diary viewable.
  • Marshall5686
    Options
    OK - Food/Exercise diaries should be viewable now. Thanks for asking.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Welcome fellow Salt Laker. I still can't see your diary though.
  • shellybra
    shellybra Posts: 21
    Options
    ah you just need a big HUG xxxxx lol
  • Marshall5686
    Options
    Dave4d - Ah, a fellow Utahn. Nice. We should be friends :-) I'll open my diary to public (it was set to friends). Who'd thunk that people would be so interested in my boring diet. Cool
  • Marshall5686
    Options
    Why be mean?

Mean is probably the wrong word. More like honest, critical and real.
    Don't sugar coat it. Don't make excuses. Don't be a marshmallow - that's how we all got to be soft and gooey.

I look at it like this. On the Biggest Loser. I like Bob. He'd be great to go hang with or go out for a beer. He's a great guy and trainer. For my trainer - I'd take Jillian - You have to earn her respect. She'll call you out. She will challenge you. Push you to be your best.

That's what I need - maybe you do too.

-SM