after two weeks...

Options
I measured myself for the first time two weeks ago! I got out of the shower last night and thought i'd measure again just to see if I was making progress. I could see a difference in the thigh measurements, but not really anywhere else. Is that normal? To lose more in one place than the other? This is all new to me. I do know that it's only been two weeks so maybe I didn't give enough time.........gosh I hate being patient:explode: I do know that I'm making progress based on how I feel and I love what I'm doing, so don't want to give the impression of being discouraged because I'm not:happy: I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, just asking some of you more experienced measurerrrrrss:wink:

Replies

• clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I measured myself for the first time two weeks ago! I got out of the shower last night and thought i'd measure again just to see if I was making progress. I could see a difference in the thigh measurements, but not really anywhere else. Is that normal? To lose more in one place than the other? This is all new to me. I do know that it's only been two weeks so maybe I didn't give enough time.........gosh I hate being patient:explode: I do know that I'm making progress based on how I feel and I love what I'm doing, so don't want to give the impression of being discouraged because I'm not:happy: I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, just asking some of you more experienced measurerrrrrss:wink:
  • curlhair
    Options
    Hmm... you know, now that I'm looking back, when I first starting losing inches, I lost a lot in my butt/thighs - and I think that's because I was spending so much time on the elliptical machine! I think it depends on what kind of exercise plan you have going on. but i'm no expert! :bigsmile:

regardless, congrats on losing inches in your thighs! :flowerforyou:
  • strawberryblonde13
    Options
    i think everyone is different... i tend to lose inches in my arms first... the legs / butt are last, but i tend to carry my weight in my upper body :smile: keep it up and i am sure you will see more positive changes!!!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I lose from outside to in. First my face, hands and feet, then my arms and legs, then chest and butt, then my big fat tummy. Right now it's the only thing that actually looks out of porportion.:grumble:
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    mine is waist first, still waiting to see it on my legs, and it was only my waist for quite a while. I am a pear and that is the first place I lose weight. Everyone is different, and I think it makes a difference which exercise you concentrate on.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a difference in my face and stomach.. I tend to do LOADS of situps etc..
    Most of my weight is on my bum/thighs:grumble: which i have inherited from my mum.. My dad is the oh so slim parent. Oh well!
    It will be my Boobs next.. they are only small but they will dissapeare with the weight loss :sad: LOL

Any one got any tips for bum,legs exersize?

-Katherine