Jillian's 6 week 6 pack

Options
Hey everyone! I actually bought this DVD because of posts I saw on the message board about how it actually works! But, before I start it, I was wondering how people scheduled their workouts. I know there is a Level 1 and Level 2, and obviously it's a 6 week program - according to the title. :happy: However, I wanted to know how often people did the workout and how long you stayed at Level 1, etc. I haven't watched the DVD yet, I know Jillian may explain all this, but I wanted to get insight from people who have actually used it first. By biggest fear is that after the first workout, my abs, stomach, and legs may be so sore, I won't be able to do it again the following day or after. I'm also a person who likes to finish what she started and am kind of obsessive over it - once I start the program, I will HAVE to finish it somehow or another.

So, any comments about the DVD, program, workout schedule used, and soreness scale after using it, would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Liz

Replies

• rozarotti
    rozarotti Posts: 139
    Options
    bump
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I bought this video, too, but like you, have yet to start it, so will be curious to see others responses. Thanks for posting!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    This is a hard DVD!! totally not for beginners, i have decided to complete my 30 day shred before i move onto this.
    good luck with this, will love to hear how you get on x
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    If your training body parts do it everyother or every 2 days. Not back to back. THats for any workouts. Dont repeat them back days.
  • karenpinkchick
    Options
    Im waiting for mine to arrive... I got bored doing 30 day shred and gave it up... Wanna focus more on my tummy area tho...
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    bump..
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I have it....it's a killer workout....
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    i just started 6 week 6 pack last nite & i loved it!! she recommends that you do it 5 days a week... & you do level 1 for 3 weeks and level 2 for 3 weeks... i can't give you much info regarding results... but this morning i'm not really sore (and i did all the moves w/no modifications)... i just finished ripped in 30 last week, so maybe that's why i'm not sore... good luck!!!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I bought it as well but am doing 30DS right now. Once I get through that, I will start this one. I plan to do it every other day when I do start it. I also want to begin my kettlebell workout I bought. So I'll alternate between the 2 and do my elliptical as well.
  • ewegner
    ewegner Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that posted so far! I agree - no way would I do this everyday, but you know how normally you hurt 2 days after a workout?? That's why I'm worried, cause I was thinking of doing it every other day. For those interested in a good kettlebell workout - I tried Jillian's Shred with Weights onDemand with her new kettlebells. What a FANTASTIC workout - but towards the end I pretty much just watched in awe because I knew my body wasn't ready for all that! :) My legs hurt the most from it, but in a good way...I think I may up my weight to get a better upper body workout next time.

I currently use the Wii Ea Active 2 - I went through the 1st game and the "more workout" programs already...and have 2 weeks left on the current one. My abs are definitely stronger and I think I may have actually seen some definition this morning - something I haven't seen since way before I was even pregnant 2 years ago! This is why I believe I'm close to being ready to take on Jillian and her 6 pack! :tongue:

Side note - Anyone use the Biggest Loser Wii game? I recently purchased it, but haven't started it yet...that might be my next program to go along with my Jillian DVDs...
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    This is a hard DVD!! totally not for beginners, i have decided to complete my 30 day shred before i move onto this.

I think it depends on the person, I know some people that are in better shape than me that can't do the 30 day shred.
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for mine to arrive too! Amazon are a bit sloooowwww at delivering! I am really excited to tone my belly up properly.

I am a bit scared about how hard it will be...
  • Amairee
    Amairee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I own a lot of Jillian's work outs and I have to say this one is by far my favourite (and, for me, the most difficult). By the end of Lv2, doing the advance moves, I'm exhausted but so proud of myself. When I started out however I took it slow, began with the beginner moves of Lv1 (although I used a weight, which she does not) and did that for about three days before working up. Honestly like most of Jillian's work outs it's easy to adjust when you find a move too difficult because the modify is right there for you to see.

I like to do this work out in rotation with some of Jillian's other ones, but for a while I was doing it everyday of the week so just know that after working up to it it isn't so difficult to keep going with. Doing it everyday though I still felt the burn and sweat like crazy, so it never lost its effect. I think that's probably why it has remained my favourite, haha.

You'll do fine with it though, so just try it and enjoy it! :)
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 3 on level 1 of 6 Week 6 Pack and I must say its a great workout. I feel like I get a true workout everytime and sweat is always pouring at the end:smile: . I try to get in 4-5 days per week along with cardio, Burn Fat Boost Metabolism or Shed It With Weights. This has become another JM favorite as I tried 30 Day Shred for starter and loved it. Thinking about doing 2nd round of 30 Day Shred starting next week (mixing it in with 6 Week 6 Pack Level 2). My next JM purchase will probably be Ripped in 30. Go For It!:wink:
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I've been curious about this video, but was concerned that it wouldn't be challenging enough for me. I think I will order and give it a try. I watched a trailer of it and saw some really cool new moves! Worst case scenario...I do both levels back to back!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I have it and I love it! Just tried level 2 last week and it was killer! I only do it about once a week though. I have a rotation with 6w6p, No More Trouble Zones, Yoga Meltdown and Shred it with Weights and I also add in other video workouts and maybe hit the gym. But I'm one who can't do the same thing over and over or I'll get super bored.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I have it and I love it! Just tried level 2 last week and it was killer! I only do it about once a week though. I have a rotation with 6w6p, No More Trouble Zones, Yoga Meltdown and Shred it with Weights and I also add in other video workouts and maybe hit the gym. But I'm one who can't do the same thing over and over or I'll get super bored.
  • karenpinkchick
    Options
    Amazons very slow! It's only 5 1/2 weeks till my holiday so it needs to hurry up!!
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I just got this DVD too and love it! I am doing p90x everyday and since their ab ripper x is way too much for me at the moment, I substitute this Jillian DVD on MWF.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options

Again depends on the person, some people think 30 day shred is not for beginners, especially level 2.