I gotta eat more

Options
I was eating three times a day at about 5,000-6,000 calories for the day. Now I'm eating 6 times a day and I got the little message this morning saying I had to eat more because I'm not even reaching 2,000 calories!!! I'm not ever hungry, but I don't want my body to go into starvation mode because that's just gonna make things harder. I'm pretty sure i need to do a better breakfast, but I've never been much of a breakfast eater. If you have time, take a look at my diary and see what you think?

Replies

• crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I would but your diary is private.....sorry.

here is one thing to keep in mind.....you should be.....eating breakfast like a king....lunch like a prince.....and dinner like a pawper.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    You wont go into starvation mode. Unless you are eating below like 1500 calories or something... It is possible for you to get those calories in. You were doing it before 2 fold.

Just try to find higher calorie foods.

I cant look at your diary, but for example if you are using 1% milk, use 2% milk, Avacados, Cheese thats not reduced fat. Find a heartier cereal, there are plenty of great cereals nutrition wise that are higher in calorie than others, add some peanut butter to your diet, its small and packs a punch calories wise. Throw on a few more slices of deli meat to your sandwiches. Drink some fruit juice to replace some of your water intake, or add to your water intake. its high in calories too. eat whole eggs not just egg whites, find a heartier bread, and oatmeal, Use honey to sweeten things instead of sugar free sweeteners.

Stuff like that.
    And your breakfast should be Huge, especially for some of your size, and I am not sure if your profile picture is accurate, but if you are a fire fighter or something, then you definately need it because you are moving all day. After your body fasts all night long it needs lots of good proteins and carbs first thing in the morning because this Breaks your fast. if you don't, then your body is going to start munching on its quickest energy source, which unfortunately is your muscle, not your fat. You don't want to lose your muscle, because this lowers your body fat loss, and slows your metabolism.
  • Lizzgeorge77
    Lizzgeorge77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry, don't force yourself to eat. It's OK to be under your calorie goal on some days, especially if you go over on other days. Remember it's an AVERAGE that matters - your body isn't going to go into starvation mode after one or two days of not getting enough fuel (especially if the day before you gave it more than it needed).
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Sorry. It should be public now. Still learning everything on this site. Thanks for the info. i have been doing it completely backwards. Breakfast just isn't my meal. I always look forward to dinner.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Okay I just looked at your diary, and you are eating WAAAY low. That is low for you. its okay to be 200-300 calories under but not 800. Definately add those egg yokes back in, throw some cheese on that sandwich, and throw in some apples, or fruit in between your meals.
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Throw in a whole load of multicoloured veg too - carrots, baby corn, cabbage, leeks, peas, beetroot
  • TheNewMe28
    Options
    You surely have to work on your breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day. Try having an egg and cheese sandwich on wheat bread or bagel thins. You can even add turkey bacon if you want. Oatmeal with some fresh fruit in it works too. There are many options out there but your first thing is to rework your breakfast.
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    And don't let the "not being hungry" thing fool you. That's a good indicator you're in a "starvation" response.