Desperate to lose Love Handles

Options
SexyCook
SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
I must be honest I am not the best at working out ABS or mid-section.. I am a cardio queen but when its time to jump on some AB workout I either talk myself out of it or just plain leave the gym and don't do it. I have found a standing Ab workout on-demand and it helps but I needs something a little more faster with results. I absolutely hate anything that requires laying on the floor. If anyone has any suggestion I will take them in and try..I must put forth effort to get the results I want.. Thanks in Advance

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I must be honest I am not the best at working out ABS or mid-section.. I am a cardio queen but when its time to jump on some AB workout I either talk myself out of it or just plain leave the gym and don't do it. I have found a standing Ab workout on-demand and it helps but I needs something a little more faster with results. I absolutely hate anything that requires laying on the floor. If anyone has any suggestion I will take them in and try..I must put forth effort to get the results I want.. Thanks in Advance

The work out programs Hip Hop Abs or Insanity!

Also please know you cannot spot reduce. The fat from the abs will disappear when it is ready.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen not the gym. Diet is about 80%, exercise the other 20%, and cardio will do more for showing, not strengthening, your abs then any ab workout.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen not the gym. Diet is about 80%, exercise the other 20%, and cardio will do more for showing, not strengthening, your abs then any ab workout.

^^TRUE^^

Unfortantly, I love food so there goes that idea!!!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options

Exactly. We all have 6-pack abs. We just need to burn off the layer of fat covering them.

Jillian Michaels makes a DVD called No More Trouble Zones. It has some great strength exercises and she gets your heart rate up so you are getting in some cardio, too.

Don't expect fast results, though. Your genes will dictate where you lose fat off your body first (and it usually isn't the belly. That's usually the last).
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options

For the love handle area, I stand straight up, put a weight (added resistance) in my right hand, than bent sideways to the left. Do a bunch of reps on that side. Then switch sides. I have no idea what its called, but it works out those side ab muscles and gets rid of my love handles pretty quickly. After my cardio days, I still toss in a few reps per side.
  • racloud
    racloud Posts: 10
    Options
    Someone once told me that once you lose from you stomach your back will begin to shrink down...this is true...its like a domino affect. Yep, abs are made in the kitchen. All that beer and cornbread dressing i use to eat last year made my stomach bigger so I stopped eating it and now my tummy is smaller! Love Ya Steph WE CAN DO THIS GIRL!!!!
  • jchapa83
    jchapa83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I lost my love handles doing Insanity, I was able to see a difference within 18 days on the workout!! Good luck =))
  • BaronessBlixen
    BaronessBlixen Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    DANCE!!! A few girlfriends and I have made a habit of going dancing about once a week, and I've noticed a huge difference! Wiggle your hips and hold your stomach in...you should definitely see some tone after a while.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I lost my love handles doing Insanity, I was able to see a difference within 18 days on the workout!! Good luck =))

Someone just emailed me saying the same thing..I think I will invest in that..
  • JoAnnLeahMurphy
    Options
    I am not sure what it is called, but there is this standing post thingy that has handles, so you but your back against it, then lift your body up by the arm handles (your weight is now on your forarms) and now you lift your legs up. I have no clue what it is called, i just call them standing sit ups that work your abs. LOL can you tell I am not a gym rat! Good luck!
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Cardio Kickboxing Class!