New & needing to lose more than 100lbs r U?

Options
Hi,
My name is Cheryl and I'll be 32 in May :( I am currently trying very hard to get healthier and be more active. I've struggled with weight issues my whole life and you know what I'm tired of struggling. I started using this program to log my food and exercise because it was an app on my phone what I've found is that I love it even more on my computer.. I am down 9.2 pounds had a bad couple of days :) I am looking for people to not only help me stay motivated (cause we all know how hard that is) but to whom I can be an encouragement as well... My starting weight was 320lbs(heaviest I've ever been) I am now down to 311lbs and hope to be 300 or less by my birthday. I'd love to make new friends with everyone but I feel more inspired by people who started around the same weight or have about the same to lose. Not that I wouldn't be friends with everyone who request me because we are all here for the same reason To live longer healthier and more active lives.. Hope to make many many friends

Replies

• mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Like you, I have over 100 pounds to lose. Add me and we can support eachother :-)
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100 lbs so I will offer as much support as I can for you. Its a tough road but worth the effort!
  • kplace0890
    kplace0890 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I just recently joined MFP and my starting weight is 340. I've also struggled with my weight my whole life. It would be awesome to have the suuport of someone in the same boat as myself :)
  • jen_jen1985
    Options
    Hey Cheryl! I'm Jen, and I too have about 100 lbs to lose. I'm here for you any time you want to chat
  • Lipvanmeier26
    Options
    Thank you everyone who is out there I know it's gonna be a real struggle but together we can get each other through whatever is thrown our way... YAY!!!!
  • donthatethesexyme
    Options
    hello i also need to lose 100 + but gave myself a goal of 88. that would but me in to 199...below 200 where i havent been since idk when??? i hear what u mean by wanting a few friends that have similar goals than you. i have friends that are trying to losee like 10 or so lbs which is a lot easyer than what im trying to acomlish. i will still be working towards my goal long after they have reached theirs. so here goes to all of us trying become helthyer individuals... im sending you a request...good luck chicki
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome !! I am part of the 100+ club. Feel free to add me. This is an awesome site. Lots of support and motivation Good luck!!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have 144 pounds to lose. Please feel free to add me.
  • jessimaka11
    Options
    HI im jess and i too have about 150 to lose i have been here for about 3mos now and i have lost 10lbs putting me at 315. add me if you like! i was hopping to find some people with the same goals as me! congrats on the 9lb loss!
  • southtaski27
    Options
    I need to lose 80, but feel free to friend me. You can do this, we all can! I too have struggled my whole life, but one thing I am doing differently this time is not depriving myself. If I want a piece of chocolate, I eat 1 or 2 pieces. yes, sometimes it's hard to stop, but my husband rations it for me :-0 If it's there, I'll eat it, otherwise, it's out of sight, out of mind. Good luck to you.

Tracy S.
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hey all I have over 100lbs to lose...I started in January and to date I have lost 21.5lbs...I need support and I welcome tips, receipes and any ideas that will help the process. I too will give mine as I take my journey.
    Please feel free to add me as a friend...Thanks
    We can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I think I am just over 100lbs to lose myself.
  • Waynes_World
    Options
    Welcome !!! This is a great website full of wonderful peeps ;} I have alittle over 100 pounds left to loose. Feel free to add me if you like !!!

I wish you all the best of luck during your weight loss journey !
  • crythreetears
    crythreetears Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose over 100lbs. Tomorrow will be a week from when I started and I'm at about a 6lb loss already. This site is really good especially for the support!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I also am trying to lose 100+lb. Anyone who wants to add me, feel free I can use all the support I can take lol
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend ! I have lost 30 pounds since January and have another 76 to go ! We can do this !
  • bnl1016
    bnl1016 Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't have pictures and stuff up yet, but I'm brand new to this and would love if any of you would add me as a "friend". I think having someone able to see what I'm doing will subconsciously help me stay on track. If I just do it myself I figure, meh, no one can see, who cares if I cheat.

I'm a 30 year old female, lots of weight to lose. I'd like to lose at least 100 pounds, more if I can.
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I too am trying to loose 100 lbs. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like and we can succeed together. Either way, I wish you the best of luck.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I think I got everyone, If I didn't feel free to add me :)
  • Choltor
    Choltor Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sounds like I'm in the right place! I have a long-term goal of 100 pounds, but a more immediate goal of losing as much as I can in time for my little sister's wedding in September. Somewhere between those goals, I should be getting out of the "obese" category.

It's awesome seeing all the weight everyone has lost already, and how motivated we all are! Keep at it, and I hope to see everyone in the forums!