Need advice on good running shoes!

Options
:bigsmile: Gonna start running.
Anyone know the best shoes to run in?

Replies

• dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    asics, totally awesome and very good for your feet!
  • ubabe1
    ubabe1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Fleet Feet store near you?
  • vartanfan71
    vartanfan71 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love asics as well and they have lots of choices to choose from!
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Go to a store and have them fit you for the right shoe. Everyone's needs and feet are different. If you don't have a store near you, endless.com has a pretty decent "finder" for athletic shoes.
  • swycoff17
    swycoff17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree, I love my asics.
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    Do you have a Fleet Feet store near you?
    no
  • melandcurt
    Options
    Go to a running store and have them fit you, they are all very different and it depends on what type of support you need based on whether you overpronate/supinate, etc. Asics don't fit me, I have wide feet but narrow heels and I am a major overpronator so I need very supportive shoes like Nike Structure Triax or Brooks adrenaline.
  • liz_bolin
    liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I LOVE asic. That is all I will wear
  • ITSSODAMNHOT
    ITSSODAMNHOT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Gonna start running.
    Anyone know the best shoes to run in?

Depends on your feet... Get fitted...
  • shanny78
    shanny78 Posts: 2
    Options
    I suffer with feet w/o arches & my mother has neuropathy in her feet. We both have fallen in love with Brooks running & walking shoes. They feel incredible. Even when you've been on your feet for long periods.
  • kbdelarosa
    kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    See if you have a Fit2Run store near you. They will put you on a treadmill and video your feet is slow motion to see how you run. They could tell without me telling them that the inside of my right knee was hurting! I got shoes there a few weeks ago (Brooks) and my knees are so much better now!
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store and get fitted for a pair. Bring your old gym shoes with you. They will look at your feet, your old shoes, watch you walk and run, and figure out what is the best type of shoe for you.
  • angw7
    angw7 Posts: 69
    Options
    I would advise to go to a store and get somebody to fit you with the right shoes for you. I went to a great store who actually film how you run and play it back to you so that you can see the shape of your leg and where your feet land oin the ground. This allows them to see what type of feet you have and what will the best trainers be. They should then have a selection of different labels for that type of feet. My trainers fit me perfectly now :-) Good Luck...:smile:
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I love Mizuno's but as others have said, everyone has different needs for good running shoes. The best thing is to go to a running store and have them help you determine what you need. Some people need a neutral shoe, some need a stability shoe and others need something in between. Good luck!
  • PBNutter
    PBNutter Posts: 6
    Options
    i have been using Mizuno for years and I love them but it is really important to get the right fit--to determine whether you need shoes for stability. how do your feet land etc.. i would recommend going to runnersworld.com and check out their web site for tips on how to find the best shoes for you then go to your local running store and try them on--don't order your first pair online cuz running shoes need to fit differently than regular shoes also Roadrunner web site has some info too
    this is great--you will not regret it
    good luck
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    Go to a running store and get fitted for a pair. Bring your old gym shoes with you. They will look at your feet, your old shoes, watch you walk and run, and figure out what is the best type of shoe for you.

I was gonna say pretty much the same thing :happy:
  • Sarah70183
    Options
    Everyone's feet are very different...but I LOVE Asic Gels...I will never buy a different pair. They are so comfortable, I never have any pain!