5-10 lbs....not too much to ask????

Options
i need to lose 5-10 lbs to fit into my old wardrobe. i would be happy with that.
but when its only a small amount to lose, it seems easy to cheat and start over the next.......this has been going on for 2 years!
my downfalls....no energy for exercise, and fastfood weekends.
anyone in the same boat? can we help each other take it one day at a time?

Replies

• jalopes
    jalopes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i need to lose 5-10 lbs to fit into my old wardrobe. i would be happy with that.
    but when its only a small amount to lose, it seems easy to cheat and start over the next.......this has been going on for 2 years!
    my downfalls....no energy for exercise, and fastfood weekends.
    anyone in the same boat? can we help each other take it one day at a time?
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Hey jalopes
    You signed up to MFP in the same month as I did !!! :happy:
    I yo-yoed and told myself tomorrow I will be good etc etc...
    It doesn't work, trust me - but then, you already know that :happy:

I came back in September, and have lost 24lbs so far - got a long way to go, but hey, ~I'm on the wagon - and sticking to the sides for dear life :happy:

I had no energy, would rather sleep or sit in front of the TV watching a film eating Maltesers (my favourite comfort food) than even contemplate doing any form of exercise.

I'm here if ever you fancy a chat - about absolutely anything :happy:

Good luck xx
  • cmccune712
    cmccune712 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I don't have much to lose, but it is taking me forever because I just yo-yo and I just want to get to my goal weight and maintain!
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Same boat as you guys. I first concentrated on getting enough of the right kind of foods, this made a difference in how much I craved take out and junk. After three months, I can now easily pass up french fries and chicken wings (they were my downfall). I feel good, and usually always have energy now to exercise, some days it is still hard to get motivated and exercising, so I try to concentrate on how I will feel after I have exercised instead of thinking about how hard it is going to be. Today was the first day I was able to get my pants fastened that I haven't worn since I quit smoking. The down side it all of this is how impatient we get for results. Even when we buckle down and say this is it, it seems to take forever. The results are never fast enough for us, but always remember, slow and steady wins the race. Have faith, you can stick with it.
  • carak2000
    Options
    I am also in this situation. I started on this website over a year ago with about 30 pounds to lose and I know have about 10-15 to lose. So, it has taken me over a year just to lose the first 15, which of course involved a lot of yo-yoing up and down. I am not at a point where I realize that while the weight isn't flying off of fast, I am developing a much healthier relationship with food. Sure, I would love to quickly lose weight and fit into my old wardrobe, but I realize that this is much more about a healthy lifestyle and making good food choices when I am not the one doing the cooking.

I am another person you can talk to about this if you're ever feeling down - I could use the support also!

Good luck and keep a positive attitude!
  • jalopes
    jalopes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    thanks for the support everyone, looks like we are in this together :smile: