New to myfitness pal.....hoping I can do this

Options
I am new to my fitness pal...I am going to do my best not to disappoint myself and get these extra pounds off of my body. My kids deserve to have a healthy mother. I want my confidence back and if I don't loose weight my boyfriend of 6 years is going to leave me.

Replies

• xaintes
    xaintes Posts: 129
    Options
    Welcome! You will love MFP - lots of support, pointers, and information. Good luck - you can do it :)
  • melaure
    melaure Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! There are tons of people here to support you on your weight loss journey! Feel free to add me as a friend for motivation and support! Together we will all reach our goals :)
  • aseppe
    aseppe Posts: 1
    Options
    I joined when I had my son a year ago, but I didnt get serious until I realized that I still dont fit into my pre-baby clothing. Any pointers for a busy mom with two boys?
  • bsrhyne
    bsrhyne Posts: 8
    Options
    im new too and im loving it...
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Here we are ha ha!
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Your boyfriend is a turd if he would throw away 6 years because of something that's changed appearance wise.

You can do this though, but do it for you and your children first and foremost. I joined last month and I'm loving it!
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    you can do it! One thing MFP really helps with is that it holds you accountable for what you eat! You cant just forget about it because you log it and it is in your face... I would pick up some healthy granola bars and some nuts or seeds so you always have healthy snacks around for when you get hungry..try to eat some protein in every meal to help you feel fuller...you can do it!! :)
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    Make this journey for you! If your boyfriend is threatening to leave over your weight - you really need to look at your relationship. True love doesn't waiver with a change in appearance. I know it's tough - but he probably doesn't deserve the wonderful woman that you are!
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    Also, try eating slower and really savoring each bite. Think about the flavors and take your time. This will give you time for your body to tell you you are full. Also, make sure to drink AT LEAST 8-10 glasses of water per day. If you can get out and walk even for 10 minutes a day that will help too. You can start with 10 minutes and slowly add and work your way up.

Also, I didnt want to say it but I agree with the other posts..if your boyfriend would leave you just because you gained weight, you may want to evaluate your relationship to see if he is really the person you want to be with. If he is, that's fine, but don't lose weight just because he wants you to, lose weight because you will be healthier and feel better. You need to do it for YOURSELF also....

Good luck!! :)