Urgent chinese takeaway help!!

Options
I'm having a chinese for the first time since I started dieting, so I'm struggling a bit with finding things that aren't tooooo bad to eat!
Boiled rice instead of fried and vegetable mini rolls, but then I'm completely stuck on a main!

I need help urgently as we're ordering soon!!

Replies

• Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What about their steamed vegetables?
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    i get steamed chicken and broccoli and it's great!
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    beef and brocoli isnt too bad for you, just ask them to cook it without all of the oils, that is what i get when i get chinese!!!
  • hamsmash
    hamsmash Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    things that are not fried. Like Broccoli Beef or chicken subgum will be less devestating that the fried ones with sweet sauces
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Most Chinese Places have a whole section of the menu on healthy options. Go with steamed whatever you like with the sauce on the side. Chinese isn't so bad for you if you don't get stuff breaded or fried in oil and keep the sauce to a minimum.
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Chicken/beef and veggies with sauce on the side
    Try and not use to much soysauce
    with white steamed rice
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Fill your plate with as many veggie dishes as you can and chose your favourite main dish just be careful about portion size :)
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    They usually offer steamed dishes with sauce on the side - steamed shrimp or chicken with vegetables is my go to choice when I have Chinese. Some even offer brown rice as a healthier alternative to white or fried rice.
  • Lipvanmeier26
    Options
    I try not to eat chinese takeaway simply because it is usually high in sodium however when I do get a craving for it I like to get the steamed chicken and broccoli over brown rice if it's available if not I go with chicken and broccoli over steamed white rice no pork fried and no rolls of anykind if I can help it LOL sometimes they just call to me... Good Luck
  • GJSaguaro
    GJSaguaro Posts: 19
    Options
    My place lets me order the sauce on the side.
  • RichB77
    RichB77 Posts: 88
    Options
    Duck with plum sauce isnt too bad. Well, the one served by my local takeaway anyway (!!) If you pick something with mostly vegetables in your dish, then i wouldn't worry too much

One chinese isn't going to to be too bad for you in fairness, just do more exercise tomorrow to compensate?

Bon appetit :drinker:
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    yep ask for steamed whatever, shrimp, chicken and veggies and ask for no oil and sauce on the side, you will be happy, I just did that last week and loved it.
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Moo Goo Gai Pan. :) It's chicken and vegetables with a little bit of gravy. You can skip the gravy to save some sodium if you like.
  • ktraubert
    ktraubert Posts: 29
    Options
    Usually I'll do a steamed chicken and broccoli, they can cook it without using oil and just steam everything, with a brown sauce on the side and steamed brown rice. Good Luck
  • lynxcoco
    lynxcoco Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Shrimp and Brocolli with the sauce on the side. Did the florets in the sauce which takes you longer to eat it so you will eat less.
  • Victorian131
    Options
    Also, the soups arent that bad for you either, especially chicken and sweetcorn, or crab and sweetcorn. Try and avoid the fatty meats like duck and pork maybe? Anyway, just eat it slowly and really enjoy it, it sounds like you have deserved it :) (chinese was my downfall...I love the stuff! so Im so jelous!)
  • butterfly1717
    Options
    HI MY NAME IS JUDY. I AM 60 YEARS OLD. I AM NOT SURE WHERE TO INTODUCE MYSELF. SO I AM DOING IT HERE.

HW......352 (6 MONTHS AGO)
    MYW...300 (NOW)
  • pumina
    pumina Posts: 13
    Options
    always order chicken with brocolli and ask them to use white meat chicken and omit the oil (or most of it). It's very very low calorie and filling!
  • hanansk16
    hanansk16 Posts: 12
    Options
    I don't think mine have steamed dishes on the menu, but I'll certainly ask!
    I was only going to have a small portion from my main dish, so I'll try and find a vegetarian one. Would roast pork be ok in a dish with it being roasted instead of fried?

You're all great! Thank you so much for the help!