How long did it take you?

Options
yarnhoarder
yarnhoarder Posts: 36 Member
Hey! Just wondering how long it took everyone (who has) to lose 30-40 lbs? Also how did you achieve this? I'm still trying to figure out a good way to drop my weight. I'm currently doing the 30 Day Sred and eating healthier and staying in my calorie allowance for the day. Just haven't seen any kind of difference yet. :ohwell:

Thank you!

~yh xxxx

Replies

• lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    just remember, the shred is going to help you lose fat by converting it to muscle, which weighs more than fat. you will lose inches and notice a big difference in your body and the way clothes fit, but you might not see much difference in the scale - at least not at first. hang in there, you will like what you see in your body, if not the scale!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I lost 28lbs in 5 months, but if I'd have been a bit stricter about keeping to my calories I'd have done it a bit quicker than that. The shred is one of my favourites, enjoy it!
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Took me 7 months to lose 50 pounds (through all the major holidays though and my anniversary). I walked 4 mph for an hour a day, cut my calories to 1200 per day and watched my fat intake. I've kept about 48-49 off for a year now but still have to be careful:) I also used the Wii Fit if I couldn't walk or in addition to walking. Good luck!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I have lost 25 pounds in 3 months....i eat at least half of my exercise calories back and i exercise about 4-5 days out of the week. Drink, drink, drink....and I eat alot of veggies. Take measurements also...I have lost 11 inches in my waist, 7 inches in my hips and 1 inch off my neck.....it will take time but you will do it :smile:
  • jennyb31
    jennyb31 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hello! I started in Jan and have lost thirty lbs by mixing cardio and heavy weight lifting. My cardio is usually zumba or running and my weight training is done in a circuit style alternating between weights and burst of cardio(such as sprints, plyo, ect..). My starting weight was 160 and my current weight is 131, still have six lbs to go. I think the biggest thing that has helped me is just trying to eat as clean as possible (no processed food, lots of fruit, veggies, whole grains, proteins) Hope this helps you!
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    As of this upcoming Sunday, I have been on MFP for 3 months. In this time, I have lost 38 lbs. :smile:

Edit to add my routine:

Track food everyday
    Drink plenty of water
    Workout between 5-6 days a week. I am following P90 & here lately I've been trying to throw in the Couch 2 5k run here & there.

That is pretty much it.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My first 20 lbs came off very quick - 2 months. The next 26 lbs has taken another about 4 months. But I also have been no where near as strict as I was the first 8 weeks..... but that I would not have been able to keep up, what I'm doing now is easy to keep up with and I don't feel as restricted as I did..... so I can easily keep up this lifestyle change :)
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It has taken me 3.5 months (12/28/10-4/10/11) to lose 41 pounds.

-I am at the gym six days a week (spinning 3-5 times);
    -I almost never go over my 1,200 calories;
    -I eat back the vast majority of my exercise calories;
    -I drink at least 8 cups of water each day.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I lost 45 pounds in 8 months, BUT with that said, let me say those last 10 pounds took almost 3 months! The first 30+ came off in about 5 months. I was following the MFP recommendations for losing 1-2 a week, I cut out white flour and sugar for the most part and ate basically fresh vegetables, fruits, lean meats and dairy. I worked out 2x a week and sometimes more, but was only committed to twice. Everybody is different and you will have plateaus all along the way. So don't get hung up on a time frame, just go about it in a healthy manner so that it becomes your lifestyle not a diet.
  • xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options
    Its taken me 3.5 months to lose 55lbs. The 1st 2 months i was very strict with what i ate and i over exercised totally! Now im much more relaxed about it. I do eat bad foods aslong as they are in my cals for the day (not all the time obviously!!) but i make sure i drink between 7-12 glasses of water a day(more when its hotter). I only 'workout' 2x a week mostly kickboxing, i go zumba once a week also and the rest of the week i make sure i walk at least 30 mins a day ( fast walking not quite jogging)
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm still shooting for 30 more... but I'm currently at 26 down. I started my first week on MFP back on Feb 1st just logging my food for 7 days straight with no exercise then I added 30 Day Shred on Week 2 (Day 8) and did that everyday (missed only 1 day for a mini vacation) along with occasional cardio for 30 minutes. I continued to log my food and exercise religiously every single day even when I was traveling watching my calories and water very closely ...this is how I jump started my journey which really gave me the boost I wanted. I lost almost 14 pounds in my 1st 30 days and have become almost addicted to working out and eating healthy. When the scale started to move and the results started showing up in inches it really helped motivate me to stay the course and not give up. FOCUS, COMMITMENT TO SELF, DISCIPLINE AND DETERMINATION PAYS OFF! GO FOR IT!:flowerforyou:
  • yarnhoarder
    yarnhoarder Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies :) I shall do my best to just hang on and not lose modivation like I usually do. On to day 7 of the 30 Day shred :) I'm thinking about adding on phase one of slim in 6 as well for the extra cardio :wink:
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    before i had kids, i lost 35 lbs in 1 year. that was from 192 to 157.
    2 kids later and now i'm hoping to lose 60 lbs in 1 year but that's from 229 to 169.

it definitely takes a lot of time imo!!! it's so hard to be patient though.
  • StephanieAnne7
    StephanieAnne7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Took me about 3 months to lose 33 pounds :) I was in the gym 4-5 days a week for 45minutes and stayed in my calorie allowance for the day. Hope this helps!!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I've lost 36lbs, started january 15 this year
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    3 months, 65 lbs. But I'm a neurotic control freak.
  • nvkatie78
    nvkatie78 Posts: 49
    Options
    it has taken me 7 months to lose 45 lbs. i have used no special videos or programs-- it has strictly been better eating and regular exercise at least 5*6 days a week. in the beginning it takes awhile and you surely won't notice a difference right off the bat, but i would say by month 3 you will start to see a change in clothes and general appearance. once that starts happening, the rest is easy. good luck :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!