Why am I sooo hungry today?

Options
For some reason I am starving today. Normally I dont feel like this...its like nothing I eat satisfies me. Ive drank six glasses of water already working on number seven. Anybody had one of these days? What could be the cause?

Replies

• Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Im having one right now, dont know whats causing it...
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Eat oatmeal. It will fill you up for hours.
  • happybrooke
    happybrooke Posts: 153
    Options
    that was me yesterday!! Oh man, it was awful! I had to work out for a long time last night to make up for the cals that I took in....
    I am so super thankful that today is not a repeat. Good luck!
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I had one of those yesterday. No idea why either!!!!
  • Hanna82
    Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have these days all the time. Some days I am barely hungry and other days no matter what I do or how full of a meal I eat I feel like a bottomless pit. I just try really hard to eat healthy snacks very frequently to sustain myself so I don't just binge.
  • bwesser
    bwesser Posts: 61
    Options
    I have had those days as well. Try to stay close to your calorie limit, but if it's low (1200) go ahead and bump it up to 1500 for the day. You don't want to starve yourself and be miserable with the feeling of hunger. Make sure the foods you are eating are good for you though. Try some more filling types of food (like nuts) that are full of protien.
  • blynnarnold
    blynnarnold Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I've already doubled my calories today compared to what I normally eat around this time. I've drank 5 cups of water and am trying SO hard to hold out for lunch! It's making me really angry because I dont want to eat all my calories in the first part of the day so I'm sitting her starving. I dont know why today is so different than any other day.
  • bmmiller4
    bmmiller4 Posts: 39
    Options
    Is there something in particular that you are hungry for? When I have one of those days it is usually because I am hungry for something that really isn't good for me so I "eat around" it. It usually isn't that I am hungry it is that I am not satisfied. That is what it usually is for me.
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Have you had any carbs by any chance?
  • care28
    care28 Posts: 28
    Options
    my initial response would be that maybe you're body is thirsty...but I don't think that's your problem.
    Answer could be something as simple as that is has something to do with your cylce.
    Maybe try something super high in protien?
  • syates83
    syates83 Posts: 87
    Options
    I know what you mean...try filling up with healthy, low calorie options...different textures too to cover any of your cravings...carrots, celery, strawberries, grapes, popcorn, yogurt, etc. Could be from anything...
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    LOL, me too!!!

I generally just eat throughout the day and never actually feel that hungry, but today I am famished! I can't stop thinking about what I'm going to eat next! I did do double workouts yesterday so, I just figured that was why. I'm not sure though, I've done that plenty of times and don't remember feeling like this. Lol, bodies are weird.
  • ccaym
    ccaym Posts: 86
    Options
    I get extra hungry the few days before my period starts, although after 2 months of weight loss efforts, I am still slightly hungry almost ALL the time..and I eat plenty of good food...sigh. You could try not worrying about calories today while eating as much fruit and veggies as you need to feel sated.
  • jharris9
    jharris9 Posts: 7
    Options
    Many times over. My grandmother always told me to eat a pickle and it would go away... But when I have those days I forget to try.
  • syates83
    syates83 Posts: 87
    Options
    Another tip I've gotten from my health coach is to eat in the shape of a "V"...Heaviest meals at the start of the day and tapering down by the time it gets to dinner. I think eating enough protein a the start of the day should help keep you full. Ideally you should try and eat something within 30 minutes of waking up (easier said than done), and then eat breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner. Try to eat 2 to 3 hours before you go to sleep at night too.
  • mbvenske
    mbvenske Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    BAck the "first" time I lost all my weight, I had a "cheat" day. Ate whatever I wanted, and how much of it. Of course I did maintain a bit and usually only went about 500 cals over. Point I'm making, is that you have to mix it up a bit. Otherwise your body will get used to a certain amount of cals and go into plataue mode. And I did lose, steady 2 - 2.5 lbs a week for 40 weeks. I am implementing the "over cal" day again this time. So, don't beat yourself up over this. It's okay, and like the others have said, just try to have smart food choices on hand. Best of luck, your doing a great job!!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i get days like this quite a lot. A constant underlying hunger and i ended up going over yesterday and the day before. Some of it might be hormonal?
  • cherilyn221
    cherilyn221 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Maybe boredom....emotional hunger....or maybe it's as simple as you need some fat in your diet....try almonds or walnuts.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    That was me on Sunday. I gave myself permission to eat to maintenance calories that day. I felt worlds better on Monday.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    It happens. :) If you've been at this for a while, then I say you should go ahead and have a "cheat day" of sorts. Eat what you want and don't worry about calories. In fact, it might boost your weight loss this week. Or just keep truckin' and fight through the hunger! (I also like baisleac's idea though.) Good luck.