Eating when you're NOT hungry...

Options
JesaGrace
JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
I have some days where I get to lunch or dinner and I'm not hungry in the least and finding something I feel like eating is a challenge....what do you do?? Any advice??

Replies

• frosti1031
    frosti1031 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would probably look for foods that will satisfy your nutritional needs if you were having trouble finding something that you "felt like" eating. I don't usually have that problem myself though. I usually don't have any problem eating with I'm not hungry. I need to figure out how to NOT eat when I'm NOT hungry. Any ideas?
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Ironically, I try to never eat when I'm actually hungry. Otherwise I'd eat the entire kitchen! Instead, I eat 3-6 meals/snacks a day almost always without indications of hunger. It's a conscious decision I make because it works for me - it helps stabilize my very low blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Ironically, I try to never eat when I'm actually hungry. Otherwise I'd eat the entire kitchen! Instead, I eat 3-6 meals/snacks a day almost always without indications of hunger. It's a conscious decision I make because it works for me - it helps stabilize my very low blood sugar and blood pressure levels.

Ditto
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I hate to do that to myself, but sometimes I have to. Especially if I burn 500 to 1,500 calories a day from exercise. My body needs nutrients and if I want it to run correctly I at least try to make it to my micronutrient goals for the day or eat calorie dense foods like Peanut Butter.

Sometimes I'm off by calories 100-300 a day, but then somedays I'm over by that much. I try not to worry about it too much.
  • hikingmonk
    hikingmonk Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You might want to skip the snacking. If I snack, even small and healthy, then I'm almost never hungry at meal time. I also find my energy levels are more consistent without snacking. I know the small frequent meal thing is popular, but it's not for all of us.

The Leptin Diet is one such diet that says you shouldn't snack. Not saying it's the answer to everything, but has been helpful to me.
    http://www.wellnessresources.com/leptindiet/leptindiet_home.php

Good luck.
  • ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you Jesa...not sure what to do. There are many days when I do not get enough calories. I am not starving myself but it seems that my stomach has shrank. I also drink a ton of water througout the day, causing me to feel full. Hope you find the answers you are looking for. Sorry I didn't have it for you.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you Jesa...not sure what to do. There are many days when I do not get enough calories. I am not starving myself but it seems that my stomach has shrank. I also drink a ton of water througout the day, causing me to feel full. Hope you find the answers you are looking for. Sorry I didn't have it for you.

Yes, that's my problem....I don't snack a lot...so that's not the reason I'm not hungry....and I'm drinking lots of water, sometimes some green tea...