New - Looking for 50+ women friends for support

Options
Hi! My name is Donna and I am new to MFP. I've played a bit with the online tracker as well as the app, and I'm starting the 17-day diet today.

I'm looking for friends to add to my support network. I've been a yo-yo dieter for years and my sole redeeming factor is that I have stayed active all these years.

I'm looking to lose 35 pounds and keep it off.

Replies

• unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Loosing weight after age 50 is tough but can be done!
    Feel free to add me.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. Seems like I've been on this journey all my life.
    Also, what is the 17 day diet? *ears perked up when i saw that!* :wink:
  • jsavy
    jsavy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well, I am the big 70 today yesterday I felt younger .......blah. I have lost 18 so far but you will like it here, so many that can help you. If you want this OLD lady here I am as of today!
  • precious71701
    Options
    I am a 50 plus woman and it is very hard to lose weight at 50...I should have been a little bit wiser in my 40's...Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck on your journey...
  • Chyrita
    Chyrita Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    50+ and on the same road....feel free to add me!
  • ktsparkletoes
    ktsparkletoes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am starting Diet Center today - want to lose 30 lbs - We can help each other!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!It can be done.I`m 54 and have lost 99 lbs the last few years.Struggling with an underactive thyroid,restrictions on ex.and limited caloric intake.You can do this.It`s a life style change.
    welcome.
    jane:flowerforyou:
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm 50+ add me if you would like!:smile:
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! I am 58 and have lost a little over 17 pounds since mid February of 2011. There is plenty of motivation and support on this site. :happy:
  • Sammyk50
    Sammyk50 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Me Too! I'm 50! Add me if u would like :)
  • bsultan
    bsultan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and struggling. You can add me if you like.
  • honeybunny50
    Options
    Hello i'm trying here to over 50 i need to loose 40 lbs. add me on yours ok!
  • flygirl123
    flygirl123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as well!
  • dalola724
    dalola724 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. 51 and a pro at yo yo dieting! I just finished my 3 months with weight watchers last month and lost 10 lbs but can not seem to lose anymore. I work out 3-4 times a week. I've lost 12 inches..but now I'm stuck..going now where! Hoping watching my calorie intake will work better than counting points. This is the hardest it's ever been in my life to lose weight! Hope we can all do it together!
  • dalola724
    dalola724 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. 51 and a pro at yo yo dieting! I just finished my 3 months with weight watchers last month and lost 10 lbs but can not seem to lose anymore. I work out 3-4 times a week. I've lost 12 inches..but now I'm stuck..going now where! Hoping watching my calorie intake will work better than counting points. This is the hardest it's ever been in my life to lose weight! Hope we can all do it together!
  • polkataniec
    polkataniec Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm turning 51 this weekend and I know how great this website is with all the support.
    You can add me if you wish:)
  • azkrea
    azkrea Posts: 3
    Options
    I am 51 also feel free to add me, I am new and need all the support i can get
  • michee79
    michee79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Newly turned 50 and I hear you about the yo-yoing. Can't and wont do it again. Looking to get the extra off and to keep it off. Add me as a friend if :happy: you like. We'll all be fifty and fabulous together."
  • Alcyone
    Alcyone Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm 54 and have about 25 lbs to lose.. feel free to add me ... I am new to posting but not to dieting :)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,508 Member
    Options
    Dear Ladies, please all, join us at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/267606-women-ages-50-for-june?hl=50++june#posts-3540845

Or if that doesn't work, search topics for 50+ women (and the name of the month)

It is the most wonderful supportive group ever!

We're chatty so we usually go into a part 2 each month :wink: