heart rate monitor recommendations

Options
So I decided I want to buy a heart rate monitor. I don’t mind spending a decent amount of money on GOOD one but there’s so many to choose from its kinda overwhelming. Anyone have one they can recommend?:smile:

Replies

• JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    bump. i wanna know tooo! Strap or no strap?!
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    Polar FT7! Comes with the chest strap which I HIGHLY recommend! It's comfortable and you don't even notice it's there.
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    +1 on wanting a HRM. Please share the good and bad of the kinds you use.
  • brittfam
    brittfam Posts: 34
    Options
    Polar FT7! Comes with the chest strap which I HIGHLY recommend! It's comfortable and you don't even notice it's there.

I was acutally looking at them and they all had high reviews! Thanks!
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm with Sarahnicole on this one.. Polar FT7 Love it Love it Love it!
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    No matter which one you buy, make sure it has a strap. Now that being said. All I wanted my HRM to do it be able to track my time exercising, my HR and calories burned.

I ended up getting the Polar FT4 from D i c k's Sporting Goods for about $80-90. I love it.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Just ordered a Polar FT4 today! Super excited!
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    A chest strap is a must.
    I have the POlar FT4, ~$70. Love it. Strap is machine washable, which is a plus. Easy to set up and use (which was HUGE fo rme, the fancier the HRM, the harder it is to use, IMO).
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I agree with the Polar FT7. I love mine.
  • jteammom
    jteammom Posts: 173
    Options
    I went with the Polar FT4 and am very happy with it. Now I am much more confident about how many calories I have burned, which makes me more comfortable about eating them back. I was a bit hesitant about the chest strap, but I barely notice it's there. "Chest strap" is really a misnomer. (Which is a good thing because I would have needed an extension if that thing was supposed to go around my boobs!) It's more like an "under-the chest strap" that sits just below the bottom of my bra. Unless I am doing it wrong..
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar ft60 and LOVE it! Make sure whatever you get has a chest strap and has you put in your height, weight, gender, and date of birth.
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Polar's are about the best...I have a F6 which I love. I got it at D i c k's Sporting goods.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I ended up getting the FT4 (Polar),, was on sale at $75 ish at a Big 5 Sporting Goods....I am techno challenged but hubby set it up. He said it wasn't that hard though (I'm just lazy I guess)

I would have gone for the FT7, but the store was out.

I am very happy with the FT4 though, tells me all the facts and I would definitely recommend!.

Chest strap a definitely MUST.

Get one and ENJOY!
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My Fiance just bought me the POLAR FT7 last month for my birthday present!!! I had done a lot of research prior to my purchase!!!! Love it!!! :love: It is also waterproof so, I wear it in the pool/ocean for workouts!!!!! :drinker:
  • kswizzy
    kswizzy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What's the difference between the Polar FT7 and the Polar FT4?
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    What's the difference between the Polar FT7 and the Polar FT4?

The FT7 has a few more functions (I forget what those functions are...). If you google Polar it will be the first link. You can do a comparison on their site.