Pole Dancing

Options
I did my first pole dancing class last night. About 40% of my body is bruised and sore this morning haha. I feel it in my shoulders, legs, abs, and back. But I will continue on! Even though I am pretty terrible at it. Anyone else pole dance? How do you like it? Am I just really out of shape, or is being this beat up after the first time normal? Haha.

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try it; but, they don't have a class near my house...but, it sounds fun, fun, fun...did you work out in heels?

O, sorry about the bruises...LOL
  • mamabearr
    mamabearr Posts: 304
    Options
    I don't own any heels so I did it in bare feet. ....Which is why I have a bruise on the top of my foot haha. I thought the shoes would make it harder, but boy was I wrong. The shoes help you grip the pole when climbing it, and when you spin they slide better then if you have bare feet. I plan on buying some 6" heels soon :x Haha.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I want to try it so bad,but I cant find a class that fits when my hubby is home to watch the little one.
  • Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    There is a studio where I live and I am sooooooooooooooo gonna try it.....Its my 29th bday present, coming in about 4 months! I should be at goal by then!
  • KnittingKat
    Options
    I talked to an old roommate right after her first day working at a strip club. She was complaining about all the bruised sore spots. I think that is pretty normal for learning that.

It always sounds like a fun way to workout to me, I don't think I am coordinated enough though.
  • mamabearr
    Options
    I want to try it so bad,but I cant find a class that fits when my hubby is home to watch the little one.

Little ones MomMom watched her so I could go work the pole last night, otherwise I wouldn't be able to go at all.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I did a class about a month ago. OMG...I was so sore the next few days that followed. Great workout. Especially for the upper body and core. I'm planning to go again soon.
  • dezdame
    dezdame Posts: 35
    Options
    I did a class a few months ago and was sore so bad.....I really thought for some strange reason I was going to be a pro and get it my first time....YEAAAA.... that didnt happen but I want to go back again. One of my really good friends does it and she has a really cute shape now and performs for us newbies. Not only does it help with upper body strength and core but it gives you a boost of confidence. Lets face it.... its sexy :) (but not on MY first try.....maybe the 2nd)
  • mamabearr
    Options
    Lol yeah I'm pretty sure my first go was far from sexy haha. I'm gonna go again as soon as the soreness dies down a little bit. I'm excited. I'm going to do that plus my other workouts and hopefully I will have a nice hourglass figure in no time. And then I can show my boyfriend my new moves (:<