Looking for recipe inspiration for tonight's dinner

Options
Kirsty_UK
Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
I'm about to go for a jog, and would like to cook something healthy but yummy for dinner when I get back.

So, I have 512 calories left for the day (which can all go on dinner, or I can have some fruit or something after) it needs to serve at least 2 people (more is fine if the extra portion can save or freeze), and I have the following :-

1 eggplant/augbergine US/UK)
bag of baby spinach
carrots (lots)
potatoes
6 tomatoes
3 red onions
5 white onions
3 zuccini/courgettes (US/UK)

1 chicken breast defrosted (more in the freezer)
cheese
cooked ham slices

rice, pasta, bread, milk, lots of herbs and spices, stock cubes (redcued salt) and gravy powder etc etc

Any suggestions? It will need to be quick-ish (as in not casserole long, but 30 mins or so is fine) as I'll be starving when I get home! I also had grilled chicken for dinner last night so I don't fancy the chicken on it's own with a side of veg, it needs a sauce or to be in something.

There must be some creative people out there - or even recipes already available!

Replies

• Kirsty_UK
    Options
    ps I'll check back after my jog :)
  • Lipvanmeier26
    Options
    Pilgrim's Pride - Chicken Breast - Boneless, Skinless, 16 oz 480 12 0 0 88
    Coca-Cola Company - Diet Coke - 12 Fl oz Can, 12 fl oz (355ml) 0 0 0 0 0
    Tate's (Aldi's) - Tomato Ketchup, 16 Tbsp (17 g) 320 0 0 80 0
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 800 12 0 80 88
    Per Serving: 200 3 0 20 22
  • Lipvanmeier26
    Options
    u can find it under recipes I added with codes like cola, chicken or ketchup recipe is called Cola Chicken
  • Kirsty_UK
    Options
    Pilgrim's Pride - Chicken Breast - Boneless, Skinless, 16 oz 480 12 0 0 88
    Coca-Cola Company - Diet Coke - 12 Fl oz Can, 12 fl oz (355ml) 0 0 0 0 0
    Tate's (Aldi's) - Tomato Ketchup, 16 Tbsp (17 g) 320 0 0 80 0
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 800 12 0 80 88
    Per Serving: 200 3 0 20 22

I dont quite get that - one chicken breast with ketchup and a can of coke?

EDIT: I get it now - thanks but I dont have any coke in because I'm allergic to the additives in it - they effect my breathing :(
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    Try this recipe, you have enough ingredients to try it and maybe twist it up a bit..
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pasta-with-prosciutto-spinach-10000001842335
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I stir fry with the Chicken and Veggie over the rice. Remember Rice is a starch so don't have the Rice and Potato in the same meal.

Maybe same the potato and ham for tomorrow and make a baked potato with the Ham and Chesse for Ham and Cheese baked potato! With some leftover veggies on the side or fruit if you have it!
  • IdaBetances
    IdaBetances Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    How about a stuffed chicken breast with veggies
  • sbutler116
    Options
    Why don't you make an eggplant parmesean and a side of sauteed spinach? Allrecipes.com has an eggplant parmesean II recipe that is baked and not fried. I think with what you have on hand you could make it work and it would be yummy. Just saute the spinach in garlic and olive oil.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Options
    Great ideas :) Got to get my running gear on now. Will ponder as I run! Maybe chickedn stuffed with spinach and tiny sprinkler of cheese with grilled aubergine and tomatoes..... mmmmmm :)

edit: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Eggplant-Parmesan/Detail.aspx yummy :) though I always eat the aubergine first and get left with the onions for a week!