Should I be eating more than 1220 calories a day?

Options
I need input please. I having been dieting since January and have changed my food choices dramatically since then. I used to eat out 4-5 days a week. Now I am eating healthier foods. I eat a lot of fruit, vegtables, and lean protein. I do still eat take out occasionally, with this last week being 2 times I think. I am making healthier choices. I usually lose 2 lbs a week but for the past 2 weeks I have noticed my weight fluctuating up and down. I work out 3, 4, sometimes 5 days a week at curves. I do eat my exercise calories. I am taking a multi vitamin.I have lost a total of 24.2 lbs since Jan 1.... I am allowed 1220 cals a day by MFP and go over that on some days, but I try to cut back on other days to make the difference. I need help. I seem to lose 2lbs a week when I eat more. IDK what to do!!!!!!! If you have suggestions I would like to hear them. Please and thank you in advance:)

Replies

• jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    Options
    Do you feel that it has to be 2 lbs a week? If you switched to 1.5 lbs a week you could have more calories in a day.
  • wjprice01
    wjprice01 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I could try the 1.5 lbs a week to increase my calories and see. Did this ever happen to you?
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    Watch your sodium intake, and drink lots of water. I'm also at 1200 cals/day...i eat about every 2 to 3 hours...healthy snacks of course, mostly fruits and veggies! Lean protien for my 3 meals. NO junk, NO soda, NO white starchy carbs.
    Remember this program is a good guideline, but surely not perfect. I think you're doing a great job!
  • wjprice01
    wjprice01 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look great! I didn't even recognize who you were by your profile pic. Thanks for your help. I definitely drink all my water and more. I guess I should pay more attention to my sodium. Hope your having a great week. I really love your profile picture:flowerforyou:
  • Azuleelan
    Azuleelan Posts: 218
    Options
    I don't agree with eating exercise calories. I think that's playing dirty. I hate that this site adds those automatically... I'm made a la Jillian Michales so I say don't eat you exercise calories and keep on the 2 lb a week plan!
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    Hehee, thanks! do you know know to see your daily sodium intake?
  • vnickell
    Options
    I've been trying to follow this for 3 weeks not. The first week I lost 6 lbs the first week but then I put it all back on. I've been at my current weight for 2-3 years. This proram says I need to eat 1220 I usually go over that my a few. I was exercising 3 x week on the treadmill but got a cold and quit last week:sad: :sad: