Weekend Difficulties, HELP!

Options
Hi everyone.. Hoping someone has an idea for me that can help. I know its mostly willpower, but any kind of trick will be appreciated.

So all week long. I am great. I can stay in my calorie range without even tracking (although I just started tracking again). I can be down anywhere from 2-4 lbs by Friday and then the weekend comes and its a lost cause. I have a big Italian family so there is always someone's birthday or some other kind of occasion that brings everyone together in the kitchen with lots of unhealthy but yummmy foods! I can't help myself :blushing: and I think I'll just a little and then before I know it I am over eating and have no room for dinner (which is almost always unhealthy too)!!

Once Sunday comes I am right back where I started and this has been going on for at least 3 weeks now where I can not get past these few pounds. I am almost down (total weight loss since I started last year) 40 lbs but I want to lose another 40-50. I just can't get my mind right for these parties that are constant! HELP!

Replies

• medic_632
    medic_632 Posts: 12
    Options
    bring a potluck dish that you know you can eat alot of with out the guilt and gain. We have a big barn family and our Italian family cooks alot on weekends, i've just had to start making more salads and protein packed meats vs the cakes, cookies, pastas, tiramisu's, and stewed meats that we usually eat.

My stand by is a chopped salad--hundreds of variations
    Of course a veggie & Fruit tray w/ low fat dip
    Make a Marinara Sauce with all fresh ingredients-leave out the meat or use a lean turkey breast ground in stead of beef or pork
    for dessert I make many variations of a "fluff pie" that is basically low fat cool whip-sugar free pudding mix in whatever flavor you want-low fat sour cream-and then you can layer it in flavors, in graham cracker crusts, as parfait custard with fruit, in a casserole dish with fruit and sugar free cookies. You can also mix the FF Coold whip with low fat peanut butter and make "peanut butter fluff" to top off a chocolate pie. it cuts calories, is light and not heavy in the belly, almost fat free and has very little sugar
    I have taken Chicken Breast-White Bean Chili OR Red Chili with 1/2 the amount of called fo beans and extra veggies and used ground turkey breast instead of beef.
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    By all means have a taste of the foods you love, but you don't need to turn it into a binge that undoes 5 days of "being good".

Knowing that you're going to face these situations, I agree with nicpic57, bring something you know you can eat and enjoy. However, you have to decide for yourself that nothing you could eat at these events means as much to you being healthy and the weight loss that comes along with it. If your family eats like this all the time, then it's far from a special occasion, so this week have a bit of the lasagna, maybe next week you want something else, but use it as a treat, don't pile up your plate with it.

Bottom line, you have to make your life match your values or nothing will change in the long run. You can do it if you want to, but you have to want to if you're going to get it done.