Has anyone tried out the Zumba DVD's?

Options
I want to try the Zumba DVD's that I saw on an infomercials but am curious if it was too gimmicky... Has anyone tried it out and had results?

Replies

• tcsteeves
    tcsteeves Posts: 59
    Options
    I have them and love it. I've lost 12 pounds too in 2 weeks
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have had GOOD results with Wii Zumba. Way cheaper, too!
  • lomasona
    lomasona Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the boxed set with the toning barbells. It is a good work out if you like to dance, but like any video, if you slack off while doing it, it won't work. The first time I did the basic steps I was sweating!
  • AJSINK
    AJSINK Posts: 12
    Options
    I have not done the videos, I have done a live class with an instructor. Zumba is soooo much fun, you don't really realize you are working out!! I go to class 2 times a week, it breaks up the monontany of the gym. My husband tells me its my drug, I am definately addicted!! I really don't think it's gimmicky, its really as fun as it looks...
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Yes. I love them! I enjoy every workout and I sweat like crazy! It's a really fun workout and I smile pretty much the whole time because I am really enjoying myself. I also get a great burn, so I'm a happy girl. =) Oh...If you have a friend to do it with you it makes it even more fun because it feels like a little workout party. lol. Okay - you can tell...I LOVE ZUMBA!!!
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    ITs lovely, its a fun workout. I do zumba every night. I sweat like an athlete! And its so much fun coz you are dancing and you forget its even a workout! highly recommended
  • Girlypeekaboo
    Options
    I have the boxed set with the toning barbells. It is a good work out if you like to dance, but like any video, if you slack off while doing it, it won't work. The first time I did the basic steps I was sweating!

I have the samething, n OMG I sweated my butt off just doing the basic 60mins steps, I love ZUMBA its alot of fun n sometimes if i dont really know how to do the moves i just create my own and keep pushing....Im gonna do the 20min express today as soon as the UPS guy gets here with my HRM grrr sooo impatient teehee
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Our church as Zumba class each week that we do to those DVDs. LOVE them!!! I highly recommend them!
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options

Have you tried the Wii Just Dance, Just Dance 2? If so, do you prefer Zumba over those? I've never tried Zumba...
  • EllieHall
    EllieHall Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym and do Zumba! I absolutely love the entire workout. I enjoy doing it in a group because it just is so much fun. I really can tell the difference in my clothes especially my midsection since I started! Just remember if you do it at home, "KEEP THOSE TUMMIES TIGHT" LOL my instructor says this constantly!

Good Luck!
  • denisec26
    denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i'm 50-50

i have the dvds and started with the cardio. the first 2 times i did it i was out of breath and the 3rd and 4th time it was eh, but i havent tried the next cardio dvd so im sure it will be a lil harder. its pretty easy to follow, i tend to have to do it before any other workout because if my legs are tired it seems harder to follow the steps, my body just wants to give up.

the only thing i dont like is the music but that just personal preference, i just dont listen to that type of music, so for me, its really annoying but other then that i think its pretty good.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I have the boxed set with the weights too, and I hate it...it's so freakin' boring, and I can't stand the goofball dancers. I thought it would be awesome because I love to dance, but this sucks. I prefer the kinect for xbox, Dance central is way more my style. I bet zumba classes would be fun, but doing it by yourself in the basement just gets frustrating. Plus I'm already sick of the music on the DVD's so my suggestion is to go to classes. I just can't get rid of it because I spent so much money on the boxed set.
  • acchickpea
    acchickpea Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have the boxed set with the weights too, and I hate it...it's so freakin' boring, and I can't stand the goofball dancers. I thought it would be awesome because I love to dance, but this sucks. I prefer the kinect for xbox, Dance central is way more my style. I bet zumba classes would be fun, but doing it by yourself in the basement just gets frustrating. Plus I'm already sick of the music on the DVD's so my suggestion is to go to classes. I just can't get rid of it because I spent so much money on the boxed set.

That's what I was afraid of.. the music getting boring and me getting sick of it. It's expensive... like $100 or so....
  • acchickpea
    Options

Don't you have to wear the belt strap? I was wondering if you sweat that would get distracting right?
  • acchickpea
    Options
    I have them and love it. I've lost 12 pounds too in 2 weeks

Wow... That's amazing! Good Job!
  • acchickpea
    Options
    I'm also curious that with the infomercial there's like 6 or more DVD's.... Do I really need all of those DVD's? I figure like 1 DVD would be good enough???
  • Flamenquera
    Options
    I have tried the DVD's and the class and I have to say that I prefer taking the class. Doing the videos at home become boring and repetitive after a while, and taking the class with an instructor keeps you focused, energized, and you are less likely to give up when you are tired because you want to keep up with everyone else. Look around for classes in your area. Where I live they are an hour long and only cost $3...you can bet I am there just about everyday!
  • gamecockmama
    Options
    I think if you are planning on purchasing the DVDs to use as your only form of working out then you will get bored. I have the DVD set and use it among other things (the elliptical, 30 Day Shred), and I haven't gotten bored with it in the 3 weeks that I've had it. I would LOVE to take the classes, but with 2 kids and a husband who works a lot it's just not possible for me right now. My favorite DVD is the Zumba Live workout. It's an actual live zumba class, so they aren't talking to you the whole time and it moves along really fast. I finally got a HRM and wore it for the first time with zumba last night, and I burned 522 calories in an hour (I'm 5'3, 142 lbs.)! It is fun, and if you are looking for something to mix up your workout routine a little bit, then I say go for it.