Weekend Motivation

Options
Ok. I am new to this site. I lost 20 lbs on the LA Weight loss plan. I kept it off until this summer. My husband and I eat out most weekends and would go out drinking afterward. I gained every last lbs of the 20 lbs.

I have been logging my intake for the last month but can't seem to get it together on the weekends. I am so frustrated because my clothes are way too tight! I always exercise and I do well during the week. I just can't get past 3 days (Friday , Saturday and Sunday).

Does anyone else out there have this weekend problem?! What do you do to overcome?

HELP!!! :smile:

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Ok. I am new to this site. I lost 20 lbs on the LA Weight loss plan. I kept it off until this summer. My husband and I eat out most weekends and would go out drinking afterward. I gained every last lbs of the 20 lbs.

I have been logging my intake for the last month but can't seem to get it together on the weekends. I am so frustrated because my clothes are way too tight! I always exercise and I do well during the week. I just can't get past 3 days (Friday , Saturday and Sunday).

Does anyone else out there have this weekend problem?! What do you do to overcome?

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Well... I am a little bit more...laid back on the weekends, but I still try to stay as accountable as possible. I still log most of my foods and I still avoid things cause I KNOW they aren't good for me. Also, I only "indulge" a little on ONE meal on the weekend....not 3 days of fancy freedom.

I guess...maybe you have to figure out which is more important. 3 days of eating out and usually drinking or limiting that somewhat.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Becky76
    Options
    My husband and I are the same way! It's hard. Maybe when you do eat out opt for a meal that is healthier first of all, and have a water instead of pop or alcohol. Moderation is key. When you can get this under control try then just eating out every other weekend. I know it's hard, been there done that, still doing that. Good luck to you.
    My question, I have a major caffeine addiction! It accounts for almost all of my carbs-which I always go over my limit on. If I try to go without it I get insane headaches and if long enough will start to shake. Any ideas on how to beat this one? Anybody?
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    My husband and I are the same way! It's hard. Maybe when you do eat out opt for a meal that is healthier first of all, and have a water instead of pop or alcohol. Moderation is key. When you can get this under control try then just eating out every other weekend. I know it's hard, been there done that, still doing that. Good luck to you.
    My question, I have a major caffeine addiction! It accounts for almost all of my carbs-which I always go over my limit on. If I try to go without it I get insane headaches and if long enough will start to shake. Any ideas on how to beat this one? Anybody?

Ummm...those would be called withdrawl symptoms. Any type of addict has them.
    Hey, acceptance is the first step.
    I would suggest cutting back gradually.
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options

I used to have this problem until I joined MFP, then after starting to log those meals from my favorite restaurants, it made me sick how many calories I was putting in my body on the weekends. So at first I started choosing healthier meals when eating out, I haven't been able to drink for a few years because I'm nursing so I don't have that problem. Then because of finances, we stopped going out to eat so much, now we only go out once a weekend, and cook the rest of our meals. If I know I'm going out to a restaurant on the weekend, I try to schedule in some exercise that day, so that I won't go over calories, it seems to work for me, its hard adjusting I know that, with 5 kids its so much easier to just go out and let someone else do the cooking for you, and the cleaning up :laugh: but I realized my health is more important, so just cut back. Good luck with it.
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options

I used to drink lots of caffeine, but started to get way too many headaches especially migraines, so I cut it way back. I'm caffeine sensitive, get the headaches, shaky. I now drink decaf coffee, a soda maybe twice a week, and I do drink black tea, but the caffeine ratio is way less in tea than coffee or soda. Since I cut back my caffeine, I feel so much better. I would suggest cutting back, find a level that is better for you, and start out very gradually, to lessen those withdrawal symptoms. Good luck.
  • dbanks80
    Options

I used to have this problem until I joined MFP, then after starting to log those meals from my favorite restaurants, it made me sick how many calories I was putting in my body on the weekends. So at first I started choosing healthier meals when eating out, I haven't been able to drink for a few years because I'm nursing so I don't have that problem. Then because of finances, we stopped going out to eat so much, now we only go out once a weekend, and cook the rest of our meals. If I know I'm going out to a restaurant on the weekend, I try to schedule in some exercise that day, so that I won't go over calories, it seems to work for me, its hard adjusting I know that, with 5 kids its so much easier to just go out and let someone else do the cooking for you, and the cleaning up :laugh: but I realized my health is more important, so just cut back. Good luck with it.

Ok. To be honest my biggest weakness is wine. I can drink an entire bottle and be totally fine. If I can cut my wine intake I can lose 2 lbs. a week easy.

With the wine I like to eat. It is a comfort thing, relaxing with my husband, talking over a plate of food and wine.

I know I can do it. I've done it many times before. I like the idea of getting exercise in if I am going out to dinner. That is a good idea.

Sometimes I dread the weekends because I know what will happen! :laugh:
  • mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    Options
    I work extra hard on the weekdays so that I can have my weekends. I like to drink on a Saturday so I have Michelob Ultra light. I always make sure I'm going to the gym on the weekends to.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Don't dread them...just be more concious about them.
    You shouldn't have to not have a good time simply cause you want to loose weight.
    The way I veiw this site is.... You need to do this in a way you can maintain it for a life time, even if that means losing slowly.
    This isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle modification...
  • gschwsh
    Options
    i'M WITH YOU. i DON'T EAT SWEETS. bUT i HAVE A COUPLE GLASSES OF WINE EVERY NITE. i DON'T GO OVER MY CALS OR ANYTHING BUT THE WEIGHT DOES NOT BUDGE. dO i HAVE TO GIVE UP MY WINE? I TRY TO WALK OR USE TREADMILL 50 MIN'SADAY MAYBE IF I CONTINUE IT WILL HELP
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I am not gonna tell you not to eat/drink something....that is your own call.
    Alcohol can be one of the higher calorie things to intake.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    i'M WITH YOU. i DON'T EAT SWEETS. bUT i HAVE A COUPLE GLASSES OF WINE EVERY NITE. i DON'T GO OVER MY CALS OR ANYTHING BUT THE WEIGHT DOES NOT BUDGE. dO i HAVE TO GIVE UP MY WINE? I TRY TO WALK OR USE TREADMILL 50 MIN'SADAY MAYBE IF I CONTINUE IT WILL HELP

Try to limit it to only weekends and see what happens. I too am not a sweet eater.