Snack Dilemma

Options
ok .. dilemma .. it's 1:58 pm ... at least 3 hours until supper .. I am starving ... I have no snacks with me here at work. There is a supermarket across the street .... any ideas what I can have that won't drive the green into the red ? I have 1327 cals left today. Something filling yet healthy ... not rice cakes or anthing like that .. something solid... anyone ??? Smiles ... Robbie

Replies

• JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    What about carrots, pretzel crisps and hummus?! that would be a light and satisfying snack I would imagine.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I love the 100 calorie blue diamond almonds. My favorite is the Coco Roasted Dark Chocolate. Almonds are supposed to fill u up.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Some instant oatmeal will fill you up. Also, you can go for some fruit, or packs of baby carrots.
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hmmm . . . how about vegies with hummus as a dip? apple with peanut butter?
  • happybrooke
    happybrooke Posts: 153
    Options
    I usually eat oatmeal or veggies when I need a filling snack
  • lindseymshepard
    lindseymshepard Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A big juicy apple!
  • bmmiller4
    bmmiller4 Posts: 39
    Options
    Almonds or some fruit would be a good choice.
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I always reach for the peanut butter and apple when I have a snack attack.
    Someone else on MFP suggested once a handful of mixed nuts and a bottle of water when you are HUNGRY and it is before a meal time.
    I haven't tried it yet but I can see how that would help slow me down from gulping food or going back for a 2nd helping.

I hope you plan to keep a stash of healthy things there at work for just these occasions.
    Best of luck
  • banchubob
    banchubob Posts: 25
    Options
    I love the 100 calorie blue diamond almonds. My favorite is the Coco Roasted Dark Chocolate. Almonds are supposed to fill u up.

I love these as well, I munch on celery, green peppers, an apple and a cucumber when I am Hungary. Pair the apple with a cheese stick or a yogurt. Good luck!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Good for you for not driving through one of those tempting restaurants nearby. Grab a few things while you are there so you can keep them in your desk . . . like some almonds that were suggested. I would go for something like an apple, or some veggies and hummus . . .mmmmmmmmm
  • allie_00
    allie_00 Posts: 73
    Options
    I would buy some almonds and apples. Leave them at work and then you'll have snacks for another time! It's all about planning my son...lol. I'm continuously bringing snacks from home to work.
  • stephstuff
    Options
    Low fat bagel with low fat cream cheese is always filling!!