Supersize Vs Superskinny

Options
Anyone else watch this? I find it quite motivating but I feel very sorry for the poor supersized person who has to exist on one leaf a can of diet coke per day!!

It MUST be harder for the supersized one, the superskinny one gets to eat and eat and eat!

its on 8pm tonight.

Replies

• bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    I watch it too but it does put bad thoughts in my head of if I eat nothing then I too can be thin! am I the only one who thinks that?
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I used to watch it frequently then it got a bit boring,but my friend reminded me today and I had a glimpse at the Amy vs Ami episode,lol the were both cola addicts,both banned,that made me laugh to myself...lol
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I watch it on occasion, I love seeing how they learn how to eat properly and improve their lives. I especially like the check in 3 months later, its like looking at 2 new happy healthy people.

I feel bad they have to swap diets at all, I think it must be equally hard to stuff your face with junk as it is to eat almost nothing, but it does seem to help them each realize how rediculous their current diet is.
  • Ash10Dent
    Ash10Dent Posts: 75
    Options
    What channel is it on? I've never heard of it..
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    What Network? Never heard of it.
  • GJSaguaro
    GJSaguaro Posts: 19
    Options
    It's a UK show, but there are a bunch of episodes up on youtube.
  • GJSaguaro
    GJSaguaro Posts: 19
    Options
    I've seen a few episodes and enjoyed it. I'm suprised the American networks haven't picked it up yet.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Haven't heard of this.
    I've seen I used to be fat, and biggest loser, and heavy.

I wish they'd do a role reversal and do a show on small people who want to get bigger.
  • rebeccakirby1980
    Options
    J:grumble: esus this woman eats 205 chickens per year!!
  • HLRoberts1987
    HLRoberts1987 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The only thing is for someone that is superskinny (anorexia, bulemia etc) Its hard to eat something because you feel like if you eat that you are going to gain ALOT of weight. What they see in the mirror is not what is really there...My interpretation of it is you know those funny mirrors at the circus or even at liek a kids play thing at mcdonalds or whatever, the mirrors that distort the reflection and make is bigger taller skinner whatever. Well, what they see is the fatter version. They see themself as being that big. Granted that is NOT the case but that is what they see. So its just as hard for 'those' people as well
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I always watch it and love it - it acts a sharp reminder why it is important to live a healthy lifestyle. I missed it today so I'll have to wait until 9pm and watch it on C4+1:smile:
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Wow. We difinitely need a show like that here in the US.
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    So ??? does the skinny person end up gaining a bunch of weight? How long do they switch off?
  • annarface
    annarface Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I always watch this and feel guilty when they say the superskinny person 'only' eats 1400 calories a day (example from tonight's programme, it's usually around that or more though) because I eat less than that, haha. I don't understand how they can even be eating 1400 a day either because they eat so little.

And the supersize people just amaze me. The woman tonight had 8000 calories a day and more than 1000% of her recommended allowance of protein. I'd need to be eating 24/7 to get 8000 a day, that's like a weeks worth of calories!
  • emmascott
    emmascott Posts: 249
    Options
    Ah Ive missed it ... Ill catch up with it later.

I do get a little disappointed that the skinnys dont usually put too much weight on though.
  • Adelphia
    Adelphia Posts: 176
    Options
    I watch it on Youtube, ha. Only thing I hate about it is the tubes that they fill with all their weekly intake. Uh, hi, a starving kid in Libya would have really appreciated that double cheeseburger cookie pie whatever you just wasted.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it but it sounds interesting