after baby weight

Options
Any advice for getting the ball rolling to lose after baby weight? I use MFP daily. Eat 1300 calories and exercise 45 minutes(not eating back my calories) working a good sweat. I don't eat flour,sugar,white rice or tators! No canned or packaged foods.Guess maybe I'm getting a little impatient,well,weigh in tomorrow,hopefully there will be SOME change.

Replies

• BrownSkinBeauty1990
    BrownSkinBeauty1990 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I had a baby about 3 months ago now & I too am trying to lose my extra baby weight. I have 17 pounds to go before getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight.

I started MFP 10 days ago & have already lost about 2lbs. Stick at it & it will work, also drink alot of water. It will flush out any water you're holding on to which may be making you weight more.

Good luck :wink:
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    How recently did you have your Little One? Are you breastfeeding or pumping?
  • elizabeth9474
    Options
    Welcome!! Thats why I'm here!! I'm with the other post--- drinking LOTS of water helps-- also breast feeding helps things get back to normal (not sure if you're BF or not!) By the sounds of it-- you're eating WAAAY healthier than me! LOL-- What type of exercising are you doing?
  • misstana
    misstana Posts: 9
    Options
    You ladies are dedicated! You're on the right track. I didn't hop on the bandwagon until my daughter turned 10 months. Great job!!!
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It took 9 mnths to put on that "baby" weight....of course my baby is now 8 months old LOL. Still trying to do it....oly started MFP a few weeks ago and trying to get my sacking under control and healthier. Sitting at my esk all day all I want to do is munch. Bought baby carrots, radishes, cucumber, bell pepper and brocolli today with hummus, 100 calorie guacomoli packs and salsa to spice things up a bit and still eat healthy when I want to munch. GL!
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    If you are nursing or pumping I would say you are not eating enough calories.
  • parrislisa
    Options
    I understand how you feel I had two babies 13 mths apart and now that my youngest is 15ths I am so desperate to get back into my pre pregnancy weight of 105 lbs I am currently 130 I go up and down but I have been yo yo -ing on mfp for the last couple mths I know I need to hold myself more accountable and try to exercise more. I have lost 30 lbs since giving birth so I am happy about that however I can't seem to shrug the last 25 lbs. You seem to have a lot of discipline so stick with it and it will work ! I think you will be back to your figure in no time simply because you seem to eat healthy ! Good luck to you!
  • faithgriggs
    Options
    I have 6 children,all close in ages.My baby is now 9 months old and no longer nursing.When I was nursing my midwife told me to keep the calories at 1600,which I did. Now I am not nursing so I cut down the calories.Yes,I eat very healthy...NOW! The reason I am on here is that I did not always eat healthy.I used to live on processed meats and potatoes :( So,I am not talking about losing 10-15 lbs from baby weight, we are looking at considerable more weight than that...you know,a some left from this baby,some from the next,etc......Just seems like my metabolism is STUCK!! Did you moms see results right away or did it take a while for hormones to right themselves? ( I will eat healthy the rest of my life,even if I never lose a pound....wanna be around for a long time if the Lord allows:)
  • faithgriggs
    Options
    oooops,forgot to mention exercise. everyday I exercise Preventions 3-2-1 circuit routine.3 mins cardio,2 mins strength,1 min abs, for a total of about 45 minutes
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    That is why I am here too. Of course, my son is 2.5 so I am a little behind the 8 ball. Anyway, as previous posts said, if you are breastfeeding, you need to make sure you are taking in enough calories to feed the baby above anything else.

When I was breastfeeding, I dropped weight like crazy but I was eating crap food all the time. I lost all but 15 pounds within 8 months (I gained right at 60.) I've always been tall and thin so this weight thing is new for me as I've never actually had to try and lose weight. This program is awesome and SO easy to stick with. My DH is also doing it with me. He has lost 35 pounds and I've lost my 15 but now going for another 5 or 10. Stick with it hon, it really works!
  • pinup_mama
    pinup_mama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hooray for mamas! I am 7 months post-baby (this is my second) and I've recently gotten back down to my pre-prego weight (which is still too high) and I've made a lot of progress by what you're already doing (though admittedly, I still eat some of the things you've cut out!). I got rid of the processed, pre-packaged "easy meal" foods that I relied on when I was a sleep-deprived mother of an infant who ate every 2 hours, day or night. Now I stuff the fridge with fruits and veggies and actually take the time to pack a lunch the night before so that I don't pick up fast food or eat vending machine junk at work. And I've been dragging myself out of bed to hit the treadmill for at least 30 min in the morning and taking the stairs at work.

Hope you see some progress soon! Keep up the good work!

SW: 200
    CW: 184
    GW: 160
  • pinup_mama
    pinup_mama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I'm new to the message boards, so feel free to "friend" me! I'd love to have some fellow mamas to help keep me motivated! :wink:
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    You will get there. dont get discouraged. I just lost my baby weight offically this weekend. Want to lose 10 more if I can.

I started at 157 and hit my goal 14 weeks later. Seems slow at first. But when you get in your routine it will start to drop.
    I eat 1200 calories a day (dont eat them back), I do workout video's 6 days a week, started with 30 day shred, now ripped in 30. I also do 3 days of cardio 1+. My cardio now is 20 minutes of intervals on elliptical and 60 minutes on treadmill doing 6.5 incline 3.6 speed. I started with less but as I get more fit the more I have to increase it.

For me food. I eat kashi bar (dark chocolate) and greek yogurt for breakfast. Lunch I have a salad with cheese and chicken. Dinner I change it up but I eat vegi burgers or steak. Lots of protein. On days I do the cardio I have whey protein blended with milk. I also have a ice cream bar after dinner.
  • parrislisa
    Options
    Wow how do you find the time to exercise ? I am so impressed my active toddlers make it a trial lol but love them.
  • faithgriggs
    Options
    I find time because I HAVE to.If you watch any tv in a day ,then you had time to workout!! That is what I had to tell myself in the beginning.Well,no that's not 100% true,in the very beginning when I was so sluggish and UNmotivated I watched tv and did jumping jacks during commercial breaks,I know...corny huh?! But it got me going. My kids ages are 9,8,6,5,3,and 9 months.I homeschool and love to cook our meals.(actually I found that the healthier you eat ,the easier meal prep gets.You are aiming to eat your foods as close to their natural state as possible.) As moms we just have to make a workout fit in! It is tough and some days my workout doesn't get done until after I tuck the kids in bed,but it is better than nothing!:ohwell:
  • parrislisa
    Options
    Wow you are such an inspiration to me ! My toddlers are very active and always getting into mischief but I really should exercise when they are asleep however our floors are noisy when you jump on it so my 15 mth old just is a very light sleeper and usually wakes up. I need to just take a few tips from you and do some exercises during commercial however my programs are dvr since I don't have time to watch my shows ! I will have to find a way to balance my time with them and dedicated exercise!
  • faithgriggs
    Options
    grrrrr,so I weighed in this a.m. and actually gained weight :explode: the only thing I can figure is that my calorie count drops too low some days.I don't know,but this is frustrating.gotta start keeping measurements I guess. I wake up sore every morning,it's not like I'm skipping a workout
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised to see a few people here saying they "don't eat calories back". I was under the impression this would actually slow your weight loss as it puts you in "stavation mode." For example, if your goal was 1500 and you burned 600 in exercise, that means your net is only about 900 calories a day, too little food. Am I wrong?
  • sexyprincess69
    Options
    Did you do anything different from last week. It could be your scale. Don't get discourage. Continue to do what you are doing just pay close attention to what you are eating.
  • sexyprincess69
    Options
    I have two girls which are 20mths apart. They are 5 and 4 I am still trying to lose my baby weight. The best time for me to work out is in the morning at 5.am when everyone is still asleep. Maybe try working out while the kids are asleep. Try to do exercises that does not required jumping