Not totally new.

Options
Hello everyone,
I have been using myfitnesspal for over a year or so, but through the phone app, I was unaware there was a whole community online :) Any ways, I started my weight loss adventure in Jan 2010, I was at my biggest in Dec 2009 @ 188 lbs and size 14/15. I have to say those lbs were love pounds because I gained over 20 lbs since I started dating my bf in march of that year. Well, I snapped when I saw this photo, and I just broke down. Since January 2010 we began our journey (we, b/c my bf gained weight too, again love pounds lol). I lost 15 lbs in the first month and a half, but my bday is in february so that put a hold on my diet. Then I regain it a bit off an on but never kept steady. So this year we decided to make it work ! I starte once again in January@ 174 lbs, since then I have lost 15 lbs. My ultimate goal is to loose another 25-30 pounds by July of this year. Tracking my calories with this app and exercising I tend to loose anywhere from 3-4 pounds a week, but this is now. A few months ago I was not even loosing a pound! So don't get discouraged if you don't see the lbs drop, sometimes it can be pure fat. My size 10 pants fit big, I just purchased my first size medium skirts and sz. 8 jeans/pants. I am so excited! I hope everyone is able to stick to using this site/app, it really works!! Good Luck !

Replies

• mjmtxk
    mjmtxk Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome to the site and best of luck!

I've been trying to drop the lbs and get healthy since about the firs of the year. Only on the site a few weeks. A Facebook friend was using it, so I decided to check it out. I like what I see so far.

I'm a married pastor with two children. If you are looking for a motivational friend, feel free to add!