Noob - question about tracking food

Options
Hello! I'm a new here and have a question about adding foods to the tracker. For example: I made spinach today. It started as about 2 cups of raw spinach and cooked down to about 1/2 a cup. I sauteed it in a dry pan, but cooked it until all the juices released and then used them in my cooking.

How would I add that? It wasn't cooked and drained, but it wasn't raw, but it wasn't steamed. It started as 2cups and went down to 1/2cup.

Replies

• RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    If you didn't add anything to it you can track it however you want...the nutritional content didn't really change. So you could do it as fresh, cooked or steamed (since that's basically what you did in the pan).
  • nbauwens
    nbauwens Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi and Welcome
    I would add it as the dry ingredient (raw) just like you do any other ingredient and input your own reciepe if it is something you like to prepare often.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Two cups raw or 1/2 cup steamed (cooked/steamed/sauteed=no matter). Either way should yield similar results.
  • Laura_Helen
    Laura_Helen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! That makes sense - I didn't even look at the difference in the calorie count! DUH!! =)