the roller coaster!

Options
Hi Everyone, I'm Lisa, 38 yrs old, mother of 2 boys, married, work full time and am going to grad school. I'm tired of my weight loss roller coaster ride - ups and downs on the scale - and like I say every time, I want to see my goal of 155! Today I am at 209 and as depressing as that is, I can only go down from there! I heard this was a great site to join and was recommended to me by my NP that I have been seeing for weight loss. She's familiar with my roller coaster and is still very encouraging. I look forward to going on my weight loss journey with you all and building a great support network!

Replies

• jjl080809
    jjl080809 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi Lisa, I am new to this site too, and like you have been on a weight roller coaster most of my life! And sick of it!! I just started here yesterday and so far really like it!

Good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend, I sent you a request!

Janel
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! It is a great place to start and I have found it VERY useful! Fell free to add me as a friend. I started out at 205 in January and I am down 30 pounds already.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    This site was/is the perfect tool for me. I trust you will find it and the support from folks here just what you need!
  • Myneka
    Myneka Posts: 2
    Options
    Don't feel bad. I have been using this for about 3 weeks and my weight is a roller coaster also. At first I seen a drop from 205 to under 200 in two weeks, I even got down to 194.6 but now my weight lingers around 198-200. DONT GIVE UP!!!
  • triciaw1975
    Options
    Hi Lisa! I'm new also! Great to see so many new people on here. I have also ridden the weight loss roller coaster many times!! I started out this time at 214 and have so far lost 22. I found MFP about a month ago, and it has been amazing! Good luck on your weight loss journey and feel free to add me as a friend. Sent a friend request to you. :smile:
  • emilex
    emilex Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm new too, and I think this site is very helpful..so hopefully it will be for you too! I also started out over 200 so that can be really daunting but we can do this!
  • Myneka
    Myneka Posts: 2
    Options
    Please give me tips on how you did it. I was loosing at first but now I feel like I am rising again. I follow my calories, I workout, and I hae even lessen my calories. I think I need to discipline myself not to get on the scale so much.
  • susyseq
    susyseq Posts: 94
    Options
    I'm new too, less than a week, so far it's been easy to track foods, it get a little tricky to me when the weekend comes around since my husband and I go out to eat. But I know I'll adjust, I am now searching for workout videos to do on my own. Good luck!
  • mok33
    mok33 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa.... I started out AGAIN last week.... and you are right when you call it a roller coaster... but this time and this site feels right. I am over the 200 mark, and have a long way to go.... don't give up, every day is a new day....
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I definitely know how that roller coaster goes, but its all about making right choice after right choice - soon they start piling up and it turns in to the positive reward of a decreasing number on the scale. :]