Whattt the heck?

Options
Ok soo vie eaten about 1100 calories today so far. But with excersise it brings me all the way down to a little over 300.... Now it's 5pm. I have practice for basketball 8:00-9:30pm. I can't eat when there is 3 hours before practice or I get sick when I get on the court. I don't see the sense of consuming about 1200 calories tonight right before I go to bed.. Is there anything I can do or is my calories pretty much set for the day..??

Replies

• RichGebs
    RichGebs Posts: 345
    Options
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Could you have something high calorie to at least give you some energy for 1 1/2 hours of basket ball. A handful of nuts, peanut butter etc. I dont think you have to eat them all today but you may find your appetite catches up with your expenditure tomorrow so eat more then. Also if you know what workouts and average calorie you are facing beforehand it would make sense to pre-plan your foods so that you are eating the bulk before you burn them.
  • SamiRose
    SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Drink a high calorie protein drink before and after practice. If that's not something you can buy last mintute, chocolate milk is easy to drink too and buy at any little gas station.
  • bwesser
    bwesser Posts: 61
    Options
    Eat some protien. Go for a protien bar before practice or a protien shake, maybe a handful of nuts! Try as hard as you can to get up there. Your body needs energy. Good luck!

**** Just re-read your post. If you seem to get sick when you get on the court, definitely eat a larger breakfast with at least 500 calories. You seem to be an active person who burns more than 500-700 calories a day... a big breakfast won't be too hard for you.
  • SamiRose
    SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Also, during practice drink a fluid with calories instead of water....such as Gatorade, or some sports drink of that sort
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    Your diet is horrendous for a kid in high school playing sports. Eat a larger breakfast, and have some lunch man. Stop eating so much cereal. You're a growing kid, go eat meat.