Is Bread Bad 4 U???

Options
dolphin21
dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
Hi everyone is bread BAD 4 u if u eat (ONE) serving a day????? Im doing a halve a bagel with light butter every other day, or a sandwitch with ham and light mayo every other day. Are we able 2 have bread servings in our diet???? Thanks friends....

Replies

• marsts
    marsts Posts: 85
    Options
    breat is not bad for you, seeing as its recommended in the food guide,
    BUT don't over indulge in it, and make sure it's wholegrains ! white bread is filled with moer carbs and not as many nutrients in whole grain / wheat bread
  • bfh123
    bfh123 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    White bread is aweful. It's a simple carbohydrate which your body absorbs quickly and it spikes your insulin.

Whole Wheat Bread is a complex carb and takes long to digest.

Personally, I'd stay clear of Bagels, but that's jus me. Keep tracking your nutrition info
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    i think its ok, ive swithced to weight watchers malted bread which is slightly less calories than normal:smile:
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Sure you can eat bread! Whole grains and whole wheat breads are better for you as the nutrients haven't been bleached out of it like in white bread. Just because a bread says whole wheat on it though doesn't always mean it's 100% whole wheat, so make sure you check the ingredients list! The first or sometimes second ingredient should say whole wheat flour, or something like that. If it says enriched then that's no good and look for another one! I particularly like Sara Lee's breads and a few others!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Everything is okay to eat in moderation. One or two servings a day is completely reasonable. Look for lower calorie breads, whole wheat, high fiber, etc.

Sarah Lee has a 45 calorie/slice bread that is pretty good.
  • Triathlynne
    Options
    I switched to whole wheat bread. I love, love Miltons! It taste so good. I find most of the bread in the US too sugary though so I make my own occasionally.
  • msmokie
    msmokie Posts: 16
    Options
    Not if its 100% whole wheat. Just be sure it says 100% whole wheat on the package. Just read the labels and you'll be fine.
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thank u everyone 4 your infor!!!!!
  • ImFixingIt
    Options
    Interesting bread in the health food section called - Ezekiel Bread.. Its made with no flour, just grains, nuts and I'm not sure what else. It doesn't taste bad at all.. Much better toasted but full of good stuff!!
  • dmanakho
    dmanakho Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Interesting bread in the health food section called - Ezekiel Bread.. Its made with no flour, just grains, nuts and I'm not sure what else. It doesn't taste bad at all.. Much better toasted but full of good stuff!!

Ezekiel makes sprouted bread. This is the bread that is most healthy for you. I don't particularly like its taste though.
    I found that Trader's Joe brand sprouted bread tastes much better with as high nutritional value.
    Sprouted breads are even healthier than whole grain breads, but they are not sold in every grocery store.

If you want to go mainstream, nothing beats Thoma's light multi-grain english muffing. It has only 100cals and contains whopping 8g of dietary fiber.

Stay away from white breads as much as possible, eating them only on special occasions.