Vegetables

Options
Ok, so I used to do weight watchers and they don't make you record when you eat vegetables. Sometimes when I get the munchies I grab a small handful of snap peas or carrots. Should I record it? I know it does use up some calories but isn't it better that I eat that then something unhealthy?

Replies

• sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It's all calories. Some people count gum. I don't. Yesterday I ate a TON of cough drops. That was about 100 calories there. It all adds up.
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I would record it because eventually it will add up.
  • summer_anne
    Options
    Yes you should record EVERYTHING :) I'm just happy to know you ARE eating vegetables! I see so many diaries where people go days without any veggies! helloooooo vitamins and nutrients people :)
  • lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Options
    Yes, it's better than grabbing something unhealthy, but a handful of veggies is also a whole lot fewer calories than something unhealthy, so yes, count them because even if it is healthy calories it is still calories.
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I record everything I eat. I know it's better than munching on something bad, but like everyone else has said it does add up sooner or later and I want to be completely honest with myself to be able to get into the shape that I want to be in!
  • rebeccaS85
    rebeccaS85 Posts: 141
    Options
    Thanks everyone. LOL I was hoping someone would say it was ok but I will start recording it. It's sometimes frustrating when I have 4 and then trying to work out the calories. I usually over estimate the calories for a lot of what I am eating so it probably works out in the end. Anyways Thanks again!!!!
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    For veggies, I usually do Quick Add calories. I estimate about what I ate and use that. Much easier than logging, the variety of veggies I usually eat when I eat raw veggies.
  • pahughes
    pahughes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I eat broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and cherry tomatoes with hummus every day for lunch. I saved those items as a meal, so it's easy to add them to my diary! Just a suggestion.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I always log my veggies (of course, I log 100% of everything, I'm one of those folks that logs gum). But not only does it log the calories, it logs the nutrients you're getting from those veggies. Vitamin A, potassium, iron, etc, veggies have these things and not logging them is only cheating yourself out of reaching daily goals on those things.
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    some veggies have more carbs or more sugar or more fiber.... Id count it