I've lost my motivation! Help!

Options
What do you guys do to stay motivated? I started hardcore MFP on 1/19/10 and kept a perfect log and exercised daily for 6 weeks. Then I dropped a couple days of exercise, then I stopped logging daily. I keep saying I am going to start back up but keep failing. The good news is, I have kept up 3-4 days of exercising a week and watching what I am eating (just not counting) so I've still averaged 1-2 lbs of weight loss a week. I just am afraid if I don't find my motivation that isn't going to keep happening.

Anyway~ what do you guys do to keep up your motivation?

Replies

• BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    My motivatio is having to face MFP and my Facebook friends if I don't do what I'm supposed to be doing. Try to find something that makes you hold yourself accountable.
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me...then I slowly stopped exercising, stopped being accountable for what I put in my mouth and guess what? I gained it ALL back plus some. Now I'm starting over from scratch...don't let that happen to you!
  • pinksneakers
    pinksneakers Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Rule #1: Log in here EVERYDAY!!! Regardless if you exercised or not, regardless if you ate well or not! You'll definitely get some motivation here if you show up everyday. And remember, weight loss and being healthy are a change in the way you live your life...FOREVER...not just for a few months to lose some weight. After a while it all becomes habit. Remember everyday how much better you will feel and how much happier you will be when you are achieving your goals! So much better than feeling guilty for 'falling off the wagon'!!! Best Wishes!!!
  • fraser9700
    Options
    Why did you start in the firstplace, has that changed. I'm guessing not. If it was worth it at the start it will be more worth it when you finish. For me i am trying to make an example for my son that will set him up to have a healthy lifestyle for the rest of his life. That, and keeping up with him as he nears his teens had become difficult. Ultimately I was tired of how I looked in the mirror and I still remember what I used to look like before I added the weight. I have lost 29 lbs since November and really like the way I feel already despite not being done with this reconstruction. Hell think of me......I am a perfect stranger and I would rather read about your successes then watch you slip away. The rest of us are counting on you too. Hang in there and just keep swimming.

M.
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I started a thread about women 5'9" and above (I'm around 5'11") and gained a lot of friends from that. Seeing their progress helps motivate me! All of my friends motivate me, actually. Maybe start a challenge? People like challenges so you'll probably get a lot of responses and motivation from others! Feel free to add me and I'll try to motivate the hell outta you :)
  • rminenno
    rminenno Posts: 5
    Options
    I started a family weight loss contest. I got those that were interested in losing weight and we did a contest for 90 days. Everyone paid $ and the winner got the pot of money at the end. Everybody had to send me their weigh in every Sunday and I sent out results (% weight lost) and it really motivated me since I had to be accountable to all my family if I didn't lose weight. I lost 27 pounds in 12 weeks. Now that the contest is over (21/2 weeks now) I'm less motivated to be as good. But see if you can find some friends and family that want to have a biggest loser contest. :)
  • binabodu
    binabodu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for taking the time to reply. I did great today logging & exercising. Thank you guys for the ideas!
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You know a sweet friend of mine on here asked me the same question not that long ago...

MY RESPONSE:
    What motivates me is seeing the ticker moving and knowing I am getting closer and closer to my goal. Also looking at pictures of what I looked like in the beginning and what I look like now. I am STILL not looking the way I would like, but thats what keeps me pushing - knowing how far I have come since January lets me know I CAN do this. And I can only imagine what I can acheive if I stick with this everyday until June! Or July... and so on!!!

I JOINED MFP on January 7th of this year, and I am still as motivated today as I was then. YOU CAN DO THIS,and WE will lose this weight TOGETHER! :smile: