Tattoos and piercings

Options
as ive lost more an more weight I've come to discover that I use my ink and piercings as a way to hide myself. Sure it brings more attention but I feel that is what they look at and then it was the fat not that I don't enjoy my ink and piercings because I love them! I'm just curious if anyone else has hidden themselves like I did oh fwiw I have both sleeves and my Lower legs are done. Piercings I've stretched out my ears to 1 1/4 inches

Replies

• HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    HAWT!!

I bet your new bod actually makes the tattoos and piercings look even better!!!
  • hchandler0823
    hchandler0823 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I only have 2 tattoos so I can't same the same.

But, I do plan on getting more. It's such an addiction! [and an expensive one at that!]

Good luck to you and congrats on the 31lbs you've already lost!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Just to be honest, I don't think I'm a pretty girl and I think my ink makes me prettier.
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    10 more pounds and I'm getting a nose ring, 15, I'm getting a tattoo!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I feel like I was just always meant to be tattooed. With every new addition I feel even more comfortable in my own skin. I'd rather wear my art on my body than on my t-shirt. :wink:
  • Brett_Alan
    Options
    They look awesome right now and eating healthy is giving me that healthy glow which makes them stand out even more ;-) when I hit my goal weight and then maintain for 1 yr I'm starting my back piece
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Just to be honest, I don't think I'm a pretty girl and I think my ink makes me prettier.

Seriously?! You are beautiful...
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options

I agree, you're stunning!
  • RoseKatet
    RoseKatet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That was something I thought of when I was getting them done...I have short sleves on both arms, a large piece on my chest, several on my back and leg, and a very large one covering most of my right thigh..from knee to hip...I think it is kind of a distraction of my weight, makes me feel confident and they are definitely conversation starters lol That is the only thing that will get me any attention at a bar lol:drinker:
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    i LOVE tats! i have 6 myself. hopefully much more here soon!! i used to have more piercings, but i had to take them out per jobs or when i had my kids before that. i might have to pierce my tongue again sometime tho. already had it done twice. lol. i must say, i miss it!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options

I agree, you're stunning!
    GORGEOUS!!!
  • chasekilgannon
    Options
    I have a different take, I won't get my second tattoo finished until I'm at goal weight because I believe the art needs to be accentuated by a healthy body. I don't think anyone wants to see my rolls as the art frame.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Thanks. :blushing:

I want sleeves and hoping to get at least one more when we go to my parents for Easter. I only have my nose pierced. I had my lip done too but was allergic to the ring they put in and pulled it out with a pair of pliers. Ouch.
  • Brett_Alan
    Options
    Yeah I've taken out my piercings for work just have my ears left and it's funny 90% of strangers ask if I'm a tattoo artist lol
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my piercings boost my confidence.
    I have my belly button, my nose, my cartilidge, and I'm about to get my lip.
    No tattoos yet.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Tattoo will be my reward for reaching my Goal Weight.
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    I didnt get the Tat I wanted years ago because I didnt want gravity to affect its shape and/or location...
  • Brett_Alan
    Options
    Oh yeah I have my cartilage stretched out to a 0 gauge that hurt just a teensy bit I always forget about it cause I leave It naked to
    Mess with people lol
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I didnt get the Tat I wanted years ago because I didnt want gravity to affect its shape and/or location...
    LMAO... I dated a girl who had a tattoo of Tweety Bird. I saw her a while back... Two kids and 50 lbs later Tweety Bird now resembles Big Bird!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    What's funny is that I always told myself that if I got to a healthy weight from where I was at I'd get another tattoo (I currently have three). But after losing almost 50 pounds that I'd been carrying for most of my adult life and seeing what it's done to my skin and body, I can't even imagine finding a place to put a tattoo anymore due to saggy skin and my stretch marks being so much more visible now. Plus my brain is just imaging how any tattoo would end up looking as I got older and time ravaged my body even more.

I'm thankful that my current ink is all in spots where the skin is thin and wasn't fatty areas so none of them were affected by the weight loss. (which was actually part of the thought process when those locations were chosen initially and why I stopped at just filling those areas. lol)