Question for shredders

Options
I'm considering purchasing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD. I know people have gotten some awesome results from it. I've looked through the existing threads and haven't found my exact question answered...

Anyway, here's my question. I am about 1/2 way through the Couch to 5K program, and I intend to finish it in the first week of May. I do my C25K runs every other day, and was thinking of doing 30 Day Shred on my C25K off days. Does this kind of defeat the purpose of the 30 Day Shred? Should I wait until I'm done with C25K to start the 30 Day Shred?

Thanks for your input! :)

Replies

• chelvid
    chelvid Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started the shred 14 days ago and unfortunately I was ill the last couple of days so didn't do it, however I think you could do it every other day and I think I may even do the same now instead of doing it every day so I can mix in my zumba with it too. I didn't lose any weight in the 2 weeks that I did the shred although I did lose 4inches so Im hoping if I mix it with zumba maybe I can lose both. Fingers crossed
  • healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    this isnt really helpful for your question, but i've been doing the 30 day shred for about 2 weeks, and want to start the c25k. lol so i'd like to see the answers too!
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you see as the point of 30DS. If you're wanting to measure exact results from doing it for 30 days straight, then just doing it every few days will not give you accurate results. But it's a great workout video and will help you strengthen parts of your body that don't get that much work by just jogging. I didn't follow the program exactly - I often did it twice, or skipped a day or two if I ran on those days, and still saw a big results in my endurance and physical fitness over the course of the month. I still go back to it occasionally for the abs workout that Level 3 gives.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I shred every day, and run/walk 4-5 times a week. Working so far for me! Good luck!
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    i've done it both ways, consecutive 30 days and a few days a week, had great results both times!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I have heard that you get the best results from the shred doing the routines on a daily basis.... BUT, I have also seen people who have done it intermittently (a few days a week) and still got awesome results. So really, you could do both at the same time by swapping days and have it work for you, I'm sure. HOWEVER... you should be warned that the first few days of the Shred are pretty brutal and you WILL be sore. That said, do what you think is best for you. And good luck with whatever you decide! :D
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I just re read your post, and think I may have misunderstood your question...lol thats what you get for not reading slow. I think you will still get results if you dont do the shred every day. However, being as it is only a 20 minute workout, I find it a great way to warm up before getting on the treadmill.
  • countryrunner
    countryrunner Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm currently halfway through a half marathon training program. I'm doing the Shred everyday, even on my running days. To me there is just no reason to not do both since the Shred is such a short workout and is not too difficult for me. You will probably see results if you do it every other day, but if I were you I'd just do it daily.
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you all for your replies! I think I'm going to order it and try it out, and if I can't manage both, I'll hold off on 30 Day Shred until I'm done with C25K. I'm really bad a crosstraining... I tend to really focus on one thing to the detriment of another.